I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Healthy Sugars and Healthy Fats.........

Hi Friends,

I don't know if you have noticed lately but I have been experimenting with eating a little over my sugar limit. Well at least I think I am compared to before.

I do love my berries and try to make sure to get some every day. In the beginning while I was losing I would only eat like 6-8 total black or raspberries at a time, because of the sugar content. I actually stayed away from as much food that contained sugar as possible. That was the key for me. That and staying away from all BAD and processed carbs.

Now I eat a tiny bit more of the HEALTHY sugars, I never ate blueberries or strawberries because of the sugar but I do all the time now.

I used to pick out cucumbers and tomatoes and carrots from salads and would only eat like 1 bite of them but now you see I eat much more of tomatoes and cucumbers - and maybe a bit of an occasional carrot.

I always ate a homemade sweet snack of some kind each day - but now I just have tons more recipes that fit into BFC and share with you.

I am telling you about this sugar thing just so you know I do eat a tiny bit different now.  - but I will always eat this way. I will never go back to the way I ate before.

I have learned an important thing from being healthy now;
That's the difference between eating something fattening and eating Healthy Fats.
I always thought these things below were fattening - but they are HEALTHY FATS - not FATTENING

Healthy fats like;
Homemade butter, nut butters and coconut butter
avocado
bacon - but I like the flavor of turkey bacon
cheese - as long as you don't eat too much
eggs ARE good for you - I eat them all the time - in my opinion they got a bad rap
MEAT - Yes - I eat meat, even beef - just not every day. My preferred choice is turkey, chicken, tuna and fish and beef when I go out usually.

And I know this is not a fat - but I do love my healthy bread. YES I eat wheat and probably always will. It does not effect me and I see nothing wrong with eating wheat as long as its not every day - 3 times a day. Once a day or 2 is OK by me.
My favorite lately I buy at Sprouts is called; Alpine Valley 12 grain. Its chewy and very low on carbs-sugar and calories.

I have learned the Healthy-right way to eat now. I have maintained my weight by continuing to eat the way I did to get the weight off.

During times like this - when faced with a holiday where everyone is eating all the stuff that made me fat and they are all rubbing it in my face, I just use my 3-bite rule.
That means no sugary drinks, find some kind of meat and allowed veggies to eat where ever you are - and then take 1 food that you used to LOVE. Is that bread? or starch? or a sweet like me? and then you just eat 1-3 bites and walk away. This way you get to taste it.

I have no problem maintaining - This morning my weight was 148 and I am even on my monthly - UGH will this ever end? 54 is old enough - don't you think?

My lunch yesterday, 1/2 cucumber and 1 small tomato cut up, tuna, mayo, bacon bits, goat cheese - all mixed up and 2 strawberries.
 Snack was 2 of those cookies I made the other day.

Mandy is getting too comfy here. LOL
 I took the furry girls for a walk and my dinner was brussel sprouts and turkey meatballs with a bit of Alfredo-pesto sauce.

Later for desert I ate some rediwhip with a few blueberries and 1 strawberry cut up.

Breakfast was 2 Alpine Valley 12 grain toast with my homemade butters on top, eggs and berries.
Gotta go take Peaches back to the Vet right now for a check up to make sure she is OK. I think she had allergic reaction to the weeds.

Have a great 4th tomorrow.

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*****************

6 comments:

  1. I also have been learning how to use the 'Good' Fats/carbs and making them work for me. learning to have a calorie counter nearby via laptop or smart phone does wonders. as well as looking for the nutritional facts when at restaurants. Now with 4th of July coming tomorrow, it kind of scares me, but i think i'm up for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy upcoming 4th Rosalie! I hope whatever you do, that your day is THE best! :)

    I am so happy that Peaches is on the mend. Nothing like our "furry girls" is there?

    Thank you again for all that you do for all of us. You are the best! :)

    Linda in Western NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did notice you were eating a few more fruits than usual. I also love your 3-bite rule, I have used that one quite often & it works.

    Have a great 4th !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am eating a lot more fruits now too. I know I am up in weight, but it isn't the fruits fault:)
    Happy 4th of July! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a peach today!! I know!!! I haven't had one in so long, but it was juicy and delicious. Somehow I still think that's better than a piece of cheese or a handful of nuts. I know there is natural sugar, but it was juicy, fresh ( bought it that morning at the farmers market) and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a little more fruit is OK. It seems to make some people overeat other sugary stuff, but I think that once you figure out if it does that to you or not it's fine to eat more fruit. Happy July!

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************