I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Eating Healthy now and Forever...

Happy New Year to you all, 

Got my Breakfast and in front of the TV and ready to watch the Rose Parade.

Yesterday someone on Face book asked me if I am still losing weight because of how I eat? 
Here is just some of the things I got at Sam's Club and Sprouts on Monday.
My to her answer was;
I eat to be healthy now not to lose weight anymore and will eat like this forever. I remember after the first year and I lost all that weight, other people did not understand. My sister and step-mom both would say to me " You can eat what ever you want now - you are skinny now". Let me just tell you that if I ever ate the way I did before - WELL - I would look the way I did before. Plain and simple.....

I have found that I love eating at home and eating healthy. I never knew how important this was for your health before. We have always been trained that certain foods like in the picture above is too fattening and bad for us. Eggs, avocados, real butter, cheese, etc. 

I learned now that just by cutting out all the crap and sugar and eating the healthy fats, is all there is to it. I see commercials on TV for example - Marie Calendars, I always thought of them as a healthy home made kind of place to eat, but now I know all the stuff on the commercial is so fattening and just plain bad for us.

In the beginning of eating the BFC way I thought I could never eat like this forever! Read back on my early posts I know I said that many times. But as I starting losing all that weight my thought process changed dramatically.

We each need to decide and figure it out for ourselves what is MOST important to us. 
My delicious breakfast on Monday
Eating this way forever or the way we used to and be fat again forever.

I took a stand and decided to be thin. We can't let others bully us into eating bad foods anymore. Just because its a holiday or special occasion - does not mean we can eat like fat people again!

I am being VULGAR, I know - well - because that's what it takes sometimes to set us straight. 

Come on people!! You CAN do it!! I am no one special to be able to do this and keep it off. I am just a regular person who didn't realize just how fat I was. By posting those pictures as I was losing the weight side by side it really helped me to understand everything.

If you think you are gonna lose 4-9 or even 11 lbs a week like Jorge says you will - well that's just plain crazy talk. Not gonna happen! Its not healthy either. Losing it slowly is the best and healthiest way. So don't worry about that.

You will spend a ton of time looking at labels to make sure how many s/c are in foods and make sure to read all the ingredients to make sure there are no artificial sweeteners in there like sucralose. They are sneeky and hide that at the end.

Remember that just because someone (even Jorge) recommends a food doesn't mean it is healthy. We have to figure all that stuff as we go, but lucky for those of you that are reading this - because we have a great bloggin community here. There is a list to the right of BFC blogs and other blogs that might be helpful as well.

Make sure to join this and their blogs too and participate and leave comments. That's how you will be successful on your journey - with Loving Support. No Judgement.

The products that I have found along the way are on the tab above Fav Products and tons of recipes on the Recipe tab.

Lets all get a GREAT start to the New Year and make a commitment to eat right and be healthy.

Thanks for listening - This is PurpleRosy signing off...

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
****************

3 comments:

  1. So true! Thanks for adding my new blog address. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year my friend. Those words in your blog are so true and need repeating. Hoping that 2013 is a year of health and happiness. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog! I'm just starting and your an insperation! http://doterralimandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************