I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dog Lady? and They Shrunk...

Hello everyone,

How is your day going today? There is not much going on over here.

A few days ago I was walking my dogs around the hood like I always do, and I ran into this neighbor (I can't remember her name) But she walk her little dog all the time too. She said - "you know what the neighbors call you?" I was like - OH YEAH? WHAT? with my fists in a ball. LOL! (not really she is nice) So she said they call me the Dog Lady.

I said, THE DOG LADY! Why? Why don't they call me the lady who lost a ton of weight lady. It's not like I am the only one who walks their dogs every day. Everyone does it. I don't think she meant it as bad, but it was weird.

Today I made some chocolate coconut bread w/7 eggs, 1 tsp of vanilla, walnuts, 2 tbsp of unsweetened girhadeli chocolate powder, 12 truvia. I ate 2 with a salad w/my lunch with some peanut butter on top. I went to run some errands and came back and a little mouse ate some. So out of how many times I made the bread, hubby only tried it the first time and didn't like it. But I guess he caved. He said he like it but next time put more truvia i n it. Duh - it's supposed to be bread not cake.

So the other day I went into Nordstrom Rack and tried on some clearance stuff but didn't buy anything. I tried on a bra cause mine just seem too big. Before BFC I wore a 40 DD, BTW. Right now I am wearing 36 DD. Now, To my big surprise I fit into a size 36 D. What a difference!! So I had a coupon for Victoria Secret and bought 2 today that fit real good with good support. Well anyway just thought I would share ladies.

Dawn; it's good to know that the coconut bread is not a grain carb, but it sure feels like it.

Beth; Many of us have had trouble posting, try to clean out you browser's cache. Maybe that might help.

Anonymous; if you used Erythrol in the bread that might upset your tummy. Everytime I eat that Josephs sugar free syrup w/malytol - my tummy gurgles all day, but its so good and worth it.

Kay; What are you putting in the bread? 7 eggs were great for mine or in the lemon only 6. And only 3/4 cup of coconut flour. Mine came out maybe 3 " tall. I think.


Anonymous 2; I don't use the super seed every day anymore, I don't need it as much, just sometimes- but its a great product. I do recommend it.


Beechy; If I am using cream cheese or sugar free peanut butter or natures hollow on the coconut bread it is w/o butter.


Today I ate:
breakfast; 2 lemon coconut bread w/cream cheese, black berries and raspberries, cottage cheese, and turkey bacon. S-5/ C-1
lunch; spinach salad w/hard boiled egg cut up, bacon bits, small pc of chicken cut up, 1/3 avocado and sugar free dressing, and 2 pcs of chocolate coconut bread w/sugar free peanut butter. S-2/C-1
snack; pumpkin seeds
dinner; I'm gonna eat in a little bit - but don't know what yet. Maybe a pc of fish and asparagus.


Thanks for listening. Lots of love to all of you. Don't forget to visit all my friends blogs on the list below. WWRD??


This is PurpleRosy signing off....


My thought for the day:



Gratitude Unlocks the Fullness of Life

Gratitude Positive QuoteGratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. 

Keep on BFC 'n :-)
******************

12 comments:

  1. LOL Rosy! For some reason when I saw the headline of this post I just knew what you were going to say. Have you been fitted? You might even be surprised at what a professional bra fitter would get you into. After losing a bunch of weight it's really nice to get into something the girls really fit into. I know - I used to wear an insane 42G or some such nonsense. I'm not sure what my current size is, I just wear the Hanes bandkinis and tank tops right now. Sorry about the dog lady thing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 36 D? WOW....that was some decrease. I currently wear 38 D but would like to be a C. When I lose about 20 more pounds I should reach my goal.

    And YES...you are a DOG LADY, just not THE dog lady....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Skinny Dog Lady, it's nice to be back and reading your blog. Got a kick out of your neighbor, and also will try to make this famous Coconut bread everyone is whipping up. Sounds good. Just wanted to drop a line and tell you, you're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a 34 D, probably should be a 34DD, but I am too cheap to get them anywhere but TJ Maxx. My husband wants a shopping spree at Victoria's Secret, but I don't want some young little thing trying to fit my old saggy boobies into a bra!
    Your comment is another reason that I really don't talk to my neighbors! I am sure she meant it as a total compliment.
    You are now the skinny dog lady that looks hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosy, I was wondering - in your Lemon Coconut bread - what is the equivalent measure of the 12 sachets of stevia - in teaspoons of Stevia powder instead please? Thanks PJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to shop for "minimizer's" but now I'm all into the "lifting" bras. Ahh, getting older is such a bummer! Seeing how much of a dog lover I am, being "the dog lady" doesn't sound too bad to me! Around here you're "the amazing Rosie that lost a ton of weight & helps everyone else out lady"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see your taking care of the boobies! New bras are great. I always put it off because I hate the whole process. I guess if i was buying sexy slinky ones instead of harnessess it would be more fun. Made the lemon coconut bread. Very good! hugs to you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I might try to make the coconut bread if I can find coconut flour. I'm not much of a baker, so I'm not comfortable experimenting yet... Does anyone think adding sugar free chocolate chips would work/be good? Just an idea... thanks for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PJ there is a chart below for converting sugar to truvia or sugar to stevia maybe that will help.

    TO Anonymous, anything that is sugar free probably has artificial sweeteners in it and is belly bad. But also remember adding the chocolate will add extra carbs and sugar per serving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On my last post, I told you the coconut bread gave me some problems. I said I wondered if it was the erythritol. My Truvia box says the first ingredient is erythritol. I thought it was only stevia. I am going to try to find just the stevia. Do you think it will taste as good?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope plain stevia does not taste good to me at all. I have tried at least 6 different stevia sweeteners and to me Truvia tastes the best. I'm sure its not the truvia that is bothering you, maybe its the coconut flour. I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Rosalie, Congrats on the smaller bra size! I can't wait until that happens to me. I'm hoping to go down to a C. I think I'm going to go to VS soon to get some pretty bras & panties. I've found that doing nice things for me makes me take better care of myself overall & make healthier choices. You're a great inspiration too. If folks in your neighborhood a calling you Dog Lady, it's probably because they're jealous. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************