I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Fair time and 1 Flew into the Cucu's nest....

Good Morning everyone,

Yesterday was the first day of the LA County Fair. If you get there before 1pm you get in for just $1. So hubby is working nights this weekend at he FD. So he came home and I let him sleep for a couple hours then woke him up and said lets go or we won't get in for $1.

So while he was getting ready I left to meet him there.He had to work again last night so we took separate cars.
I went to the pay lot, it was $10. I told him to try to get parking free at this other lot where occasionally they let first responders park free if he asks real nice.

So he left way after me and parked for free and stood in line to buy the tickets for $1 and waited by the gate for like 45 minutes for me to get thru the parking lot of a line in my car. So I finally got into the lot and went down this lane and it was totally blocked off - every spot! So everyone had to back all the way back down the lane to turn around. DUH - stupid. So when I finally got up to the gate, this guy says "hey do you want to sign this petition?" I was like HELL NO! I was just in traffic for 2 hours to get in there!!

I brought in a little bag w/blue ice and 4 waters, and ate some nuts and a piece of cheese in the car on the way. So we walked around at looked at stuff for over an hour and then I was starving, no lunch. When we ate it was 3pm. I had my corn on the cobb and 1/2 polish sausage and 1/2 pork chop and like 3 fries. I will have my turkey leg next time. The fair goes on for a month and I'll probably go back 2-3 more times.

He left me around 4pm to go to work and I walked around by myself.

I bought a rolly bag with wheels $15 so I didn't have to carry stuff any more. I bought one of those last year and wound up giving it to Maria cause she liked it and needs it for riding the bus in Vegas more than I do.  I told her don't worry I will buy another one at the fair this year anyways.

I bought a purple sundress $39, come costume jewelry $28 and a stainer $21 for over the sink so hubby could wash his veggies off easier for his juicing. $10 for parking. Believe it or not I only have $65 left. Food is expensive huh?



earrings
open and the edges open up too for bigger sinks
then it collapses to put away
I left around 8:30pm and got home by 9:30. I was hungry so I at the last piece of chocolate coconut bread w/ butter and a bunch of water. Tried to go to sleep at 11pm but just tossed and turned. That's all I do every night lately. It must be the pre-menopause stuff.

I woke up this morning and put in a batch of lemon bread in the oven and didn't realize the temp said 500 and it started to burn, but I caught it in time and saved most of it.

I ate some eggs w/mushrooms, onion, sausage crumbles, cheese, baby spinach, and coffee.

Then I see Mandy going back and forth in front of the fireplace. I thought, Jeeze I hope its not a rat, but  then I thought how could it have gotten in there anyways it was a bird that flew in from the flu and got stuck cause there is glass in front of it. I saw Peaches looking in there last night too but didn't think anything of it. I thought she was looking at her reflection LOL.
our fireplace
So I took off all the glass and had a big towel and tried to catch it. Meanwhile Hubby is sleeping upstairs cause he just got home this morning from work. I am trying to be quiet and the dogs are barking running after it. Then the stupid thing flies upstairs. I run up there and close the doors and try for an hour to catch it. Of course the dogs gave up and are sleeping downstairs.

I ran up and down- got the net for the pool cause of the long handle. Then it just disappeared and no noise. I guess it went into the 5th dimension or something. so I go back down and am chatting with my friend Mayra telling her what happened and I hear tweeting. Run back up still can't catch the stupid thing. Then hubby says just open the window in the office bedroom upstairs cause it has no screen. Duh!! I didn't think of that. So here I am waiting for him to fly away.

Time to go up and check again.....Well I didn't see or hear anything, so lets hope he got out. I'll let you know later.

Ok so, hubby woke up after 12 noon. I told him all about the bird and then I heard a tweet. He said it's outside, I said nope that's upstairs. We went up and together we chased him out the office window. I am so glad he didn't die. :-)

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. Thanks for listening and lots of love to all. WWRD?

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

My thought for the day:


Change

Change Positive Thinking QuoteI can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. 

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*****************

5 comments:

  1. By the looks of it...it looks like you really enjoyed your time at the fair. I have had a bird fly into the house through the chimney before and what a mess it left me. Hope the rest of your weekend is smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know the LA county fair involved shopping! I like those earrings you got! Around here the county fairs are all about livestock, kiddie rides, fair food, and maybe some crafts. You are braver than me getting the bird out. We had one in our wood stove one summer and my boys had to get it out for me. That and mice I can't handle too well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your finds! We had a bird in our garage over night a few weeks ago. It was strange - she sounded like she was in our attic, but she was inside the wall of our garage. We had to shut her in there until she realized it was too hot to live there. poor thing was so hot she could barely move. But then we were able to rescue her.

    My kids do try my food. Well, some of them do, and others think it's 'too weird.' Oh well. I keep offering it to them. But maybe not enough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress you bought, super cute!!! Hubby and I had an elephant ear at the fair last year, but not this year. Going to the fair is so fun and I am really looking forward to going this year. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosalie-I'm happy you made it to the fair...cute (tiny) dress you bought. Yeah for you!
    Thank you for your support-it really does make a difference. I wonder if I'd keep dusting myself off and keep going without all of you guys. Glad I don't have to find out.
    Have a nice day-
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************