I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Thursday, August 25, 2011

How Can I Help??

Hi,

How is everyone doing today?? I hope that the disappointment of not losing once in a while is not getting the better of you. Remember that slow and steady wins the race. Not that we are having a race or anything.

I know that doing the BFC or any diet or nutritional plan can be frustrating at times. My whole goal of doing this blog NOW is to help as many as I can to lose weight and feel as great as I do now. I have learned by sharing and putting yourself out there like this, that is has really helped me a bunch on my journey.

So be honest with yourself and others in your life. Tell them what you are doing and they might surprise you and give you extra support that you will need. If you don't have your own blog, use mine and all my other friends on the list below to share everything about your progress. Support is a BIG KEY!

How Can I Help??

Is there anything that you need support with?

Yes, Hubby has started to do the juicing thing (he thinks) to get healthier. He already knows that what I have done works. But he thinks it's only for me. He says that everyone is different. I think he is just being stubborn and doesn't want me telling him what to do. What do you think? He has a physical agility test coming up at the FD and is worried about that. I have told him that there is probably 30-40 grams of sugar in one of those glasses of juice that he is making, but he thinks he needs to get his veggies. I said - Why don't you just eat the veggies?? DUH........

You know about the recipes in the Belly Fat Cure book, Kattie, I have never really tried any of them. I just looked thru the book like a million times and did my own thing. I found that for me to do everything as simple and easy and fast as possible, was the best decision for me. It made dieting easier. Not having to worry about fixing fancy dishes or stuff like soy flour.

On the other hand, I am L-O-V-I-N the coconut bread. My last batch I put 7 eggs, 10 truvia, and 2 tsp of vanilla and sprinkled cinnamon on top and it was great! It tastes more like pound cake like that.

I ate some last night after my dinner of zucchini sauted in EVOO with some turkey medallions in a bowl w/some pesto sauce on top. Then I had 2 pcs of coconut bread w/ 2 squares of Midnight Revere melted on top and of course some RediWhip.
It was OH SO GOOD.

It is finding stuff like this along the way to crave my sweet tooth (which I still have big time) which has truly help me in losing the weight.

Thanks for listening. Lots of love to all. WWRD?

This is PurpleRosy signing off....

My thought for the day:


Successful People

Successful People Positive QuoteSuccess seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
****************

12 comments:

  1. Rosalie, sometimes we have to let people do what they think is best for them even if we know the BFC works...it might not work for everyone. I just could not drink all my meals lol. I have tried a few of the recipes out of his book and they are really good, just have to make them when I find the time. The rice bread sound interesting I might have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosalie, love your post today. Glad you are contuing to blog even after you reached your goal. You should also post your thought for the day on twitter. I love them. I try to put one up everyday, but yours with the photo are so nice. What site do you use? I promise I won't copy!!!LOL!
    So what version of the coconut bread is your favorite? Is it the one you just posted? I like the last one I made, but want to improve it a bit as it's alittle dry. Take care and I'm going to try and remember WWRD?? Hugs to you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for a very uplifting post! I am doing better these last couple days understanding that as a woman, my weight will go up and down a bit. Thanks for your support-- it really helps so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support! We are here for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cheese enchiladas in the BFC book. Easy and delicious! Only takes 20 min. in the oven and freezes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coconut Bread! I have made it twice..but it tested done and was done in 32 minutes. I wonder if the reason some peoples is so dry is that it is being over baked. It has come away from the side of the pan and a toothpick inserted comes out dry after 32 minutes. Maybe try not baking it so long. I freeze the slices wrapped individually and after thawed is moist and delicious. My favorite so far is with 7 eggs, sweetener, unsweetened coco powder and chopped walnuts. YUM! My next try will be with a tsp on nutmeg in the dough and cinnamon sprinkled on top..think then it will taste like a donut! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! When you 1st started BFC...what did you do for tracking? Did you use Amber's worksheet? I really need to start writing stuff down, I know it adds up quickly! Thanks for everything ~ you blog is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes DeAnnah I did use Amber's sheet she made on the computer. You can change the values of everything to reflect your brands of stuff with the correct S/C. It was very helpful until I got it down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that you are going to continue to blog now that you have reached your goal. Men are funny it's hard to understand why they think the way they do sometimes. Low sugar and better carb is good for everyone. Anyway I love your new furniture I don't think I told you that the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I updated my post to include the S/C value for the cookies- all 1/1 or 2/1 for 2 or 3 cookies. And they all have coconut flour except for the peanut butter ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about men being stubborn. With me its not my husband but my oldest son. He needs to lose some weight also but gave up on the BFC after only 1 month. He said he didn't like it because he didn't lose anything but he was also not staying true to the diet. I think for most people, you can not cheat on the BFC like other diets and that's why he didn't lose. Hopefully he'll come back to it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt like you were speaking to me. Thanks for being out there for all of us on this journey. It really helps to remember that you just have to "stay the course"--even when you hit a plateau and get frustrated.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************