I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Monday, September 10, 2012

Don't Get Sucked in...

Good Morning All,

I hope you all had a nice weekend. It has still been between 90 - to over 100 on some days over here in Southern California. It's gotta let up some time soon - right? I prefer it to be between 70-85 myself.

Here's what I ate yesterday;
 Breakfast speaks for itself. YUM
 Lunch was a zucchini crust pizza - so good.

Around 1:45 we went to the movies before Hubby had to go to work the night shift. We saw Expendables 2. Have I ever said how much I LOVE movies where they fight. I have no idea why - I love Karate movies too. This movie was great, a lot of blood though. I can't believe they got all those action stars in one movie. I loved all their fighting styles buy my 2 fighting favs were Jet Li of course and Jason Statham.
Yeah I had popcorn w/o butter of course.
Dinner was a spinach salad w/shredded cheese and chicken.

Desert was 2 squares of 86% chocolate w/some of the hazelnut butter on top that I made recently.

I just want to say: Don't Get Sucked in by FADS...

We are always looking for that quick fix and the latest thing to help us lose weight. Right?? When we see the newest plan or thing that says we can lose weight, we just jump on it without even doing a little research first.

For instance, there is a lot of support pages on Facebook. And someone will post a food that they love and everyone will say they are gonna go run and buy it too. Jorge is bad about this. I always research the product first and make sure it does not contain anything I am not supposed to eat. That's all I'm sayin - just look for yourself first.

I have read many articles about Gluten Free and here is another one that backs up my opinion.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1441
I don't think that by going Gluten free will  help you lose weight faster or better or affect you at all unless you have Celiac Disease. This has always been my opinion and it's not gonna change.

Like this article says, where's the proof?? I do believe that you should stop eating so many processed foods and stop going out to eat so much. When you know what you put in your mouth - it is always healthier for us.

When Jorge came out with the Fast track and all the other newest menus he has come out with I thought it was a bad idea. I think by eating in the NORMALEST Way possible for us is the best in the long run.

I have always said that you have to be eating what you love and eat what you can see yourself eating forever if you want to lose weight.

This is MY stand on weight loss... Make it EASY and Simple for yourself...Don't over think things...

All I did was eliminate all the SHIT and CRAP and unnecessary SUGAR and bad CARBS from my food and I lost 90lbs.
If I can do this - then so can YOU! Make a Commitment and just do it!!

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

My thought for the day:
Make It EASY!!!


Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*****************

7 comments:

  1. Are you talking to me??? LOL! I swear between wheat belly, JJ Virgin, Maria's blog and the 17 day diet, (which by the way is very much like the BFC, but you don't count sugars or carbs, just stay off bad carbs for 17 days and then alternate between no carb days and carb days...kind of like fast track) I'm kind of going crazy. I was planning to write a blog post about all of the stuff floating around out there. It does get confusing. I think you are right, keep it simple. Wise words my friend. Sending love and hugs, and I won't mention how great it is here today...78 and sunny with cool mornings in the 50's!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosalie, I so agree with you! I still have so many of the positive habits that I developed from the simple BFC and I know exactly what I am doing wrong to create the weight gain. I truly think that the original BFC is a cure, forever, if you stick to it! I thought that not eating sweets would be the hardest thing for me, nope...carbs:(
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, don't get sucked in... I used to go on any diet anyone was talking about. But since I have been on the BFC, I don't want to change. It's working so I'm going to stick with it. All the gluten free foods are great for those allergic, but they are full of sugar. I went to a Gluten Free store and I couldn't have one thing, because the carbs were so high and tons of sugar and since I am diabetec I need to be extra careful. I have found a couple breads, called Fold Out. I can have half...
    Hope it cools down for you... Here in my neck of the woods it's only going to get to 62 with some drizzle... Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I dont think or I am not sure at least, but I do know everytime I eat wheat, my stomach cramps up so bad! If however I have the reficed white bread, it doesnt cramp up..So my cvhoice is either eat white processed bread if I am going to eat wheat or not eat it. Either way, I cant win if i eat wheat bread..

    I do love ezekiel bread though..it saddens me that i cant eat it though..at least now. I dont think my body is used to it anymore since I discovered baking with grain free flours. I do miss cookies and other fast things, but I have also been baking a lot so i dont miss it as much..will see, only time will tell maybe ill buy wheat sometime...
    I know another part of it is because of the wheat belly blog, I just "know too much" about carbs and insulin spikes with whole wheat bread that I am just not ready to get my insulin way up..I just gotta keep my carbs under control...thanks for this post! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to point out that Dr. Davis (Wheat Belly) says the following: "Remember: We should not replace a problem ingredient--wheat flour--with another set of problem ingredients--gluten-free junk carbohydrate flours like cornstarch, rice starch, tapioca starch, and potato starch. If you do, you will have to accept some measure of resistance to insulin/high blood sugars, growth of visceral fat, hypertension, cataracts, arthritis, heart disease, and cancer. Last time I checked, those were not good conditions to have. So most GLUTEN-FREE FOODS ARE JUNK! They are no better than feeding your family jelly beans."

    The Wheat Belly message is not about gluten – those who think it is just about gluten can get themselves into real problems eating gluten free and ignoring all the other points Dr. Davis brings up (which mostly mirror the BFC in that too many carbs are bad). Only real difference is Dr. D feels wheat is the worst blood sugar trigger and should be avoided.

    I personally don't consider elimination of wheat a "fad". I consider it my new way of eating (for life) - at least at this moment (never say never right??). lol ...

    Do agree that everyone needs to find what works for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed 100 with trina.If the science is there, than I am a believer. It is proven that wheat raises blood sugar! So thats one of the reasons I try to avoid it. Yes, I may not have diabetes, but I am thinking of the future and I sure as heck dont want any insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome later in life..It is hard sometimes though, but as long as I can eliminate it every other day that I possibly can, then its fine! :0)

      Delete
  6. I wish Jorge would stop advertising his diets with claims that u will lose 4-9lbs a week.. Mot only is it untrue but it's also perpetuating a very unhealthy outlook to weight loss. All weight loss is a combination of fat and muscle loss, the faster u lose the more muscle u lose and u will be left with tons of loose skin because u are still "fat" but lighter. So then u will need to gain muscle weight back to then burn the fat and lose the extra skin.. OR u could just lose at a healthy rate and avoid that whole debacle!

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************