I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies and cheese crackers.

Hello Everyone,

As you already know I don't work and get bored, so I try to find different things to bake.
Yesterday I made:
Roasted Vegetable and cheese crackers.
The recipe (if you want to call it that) went like this:

I used 1/2 cup of Mozzarella and 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese
1 cup of Parmesan cheese,

1/4 cup of veggies: I used: (what I had in the fridge) 1 mushroom, 1/2 slice of onion, and some broccoli steamed in the microwave and minced up real small.

Mix it all up in a bowl w/1/2 cup of butter and roll it up in wax paper in a cylinder of about 1 1/2 " wide and cool in the fridge for 30 min.

take out and cut 1/4" slices and bake at 400 for 6 min. then let cool .

What happened is everything all melted together in 1 big sheet. It was disgustingly greasy from the butter which was probably not necessary. After it browned a bit I sopped up all the butter w/paper towels and cut into squares. I was still soft and not like a cracker at all.

I posted a message on her site and she suggested to use a dehydrator, which I do happen to have. So I put them in there for a couple hours and this is the finished product.
I love cheese, but all that butter made it gross until I dried it out in the hydrator, then it tasted like a crunchy cracker.

Then today I made some Almond Flour chocolate chip cookies.


Ingredients:
2 cups Almond flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
24 pks of Truvia
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 whole eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 ounces butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Mix ground almonds, baking soda, sweetener and sea salt in bowl.

In separate bowl, whisk eggs, then add vanilla, sour cream, and butter and mix thoroughly.

Pour liquid mix into dry mix, mixing by hand until thoroughly mixed.

Place heaping tablespoon-sized piles of dough onto cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or greased with oil. Press each pile with large spoon to approximately ½-inch thickness.

Then  I placed 4 Hershey's sugar free chocolate chips on each cookie.

Place in oven and bake 20 minutes or until edges just slightly browned.

Makes approximately 30 cookies.

for 3 cookies is Sugar-1 / Carbs-20grams
These came out a tiny bit sweet for me, Try them and let me know what you think.

Well,  I really don't have anything else to say today. Le me know if there is anything I can do to help you in your weight loss journey and to reach your goal.

Thanks - have a great day. Love and hugs for all.

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

My thought for the day:


The Blame Drain

positive quote blame drainBlaming others is an emotional drain; accepting responsibility and taking action is an emotional energizer. The good news is that you have control over both options.

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
****************

7 comments:

  1. Hi Rosalie! I finally made the cauliflower pizza crust and it was a bit too greasy for me. My stomach hurt for a day. Do you think if I add less cheese and more cauliflower, it'd work? I probably ate too much, but I thought it served one. I should've cut it in half or less. Maybe it was just the cauliflower giving me gas or something, but either way, it made my tummy hurt. Looking at your crackers reminded me of the cauliflower crust :)
    Hope your having a great weekend so far!
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Carey - the cauliflower does give me gas bad. I'm sure that is what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little nervous to use vegetables to make crackers, and this pretty much decides it for me. We'll see, I have been hankering for a grain free cracker...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those veggie crackers look like a lot of work, bu the almond cookies look good. I have been trying new healthy treats and I will share them soon (I just need to put my pics on my computer)

    Have you ever tried taking a beno before eating cauliflower? I have found it helps me with offending foods. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep coming up with the BFC goodies - I love them! Jeri just had a cracker recipe too that I've been meaning to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It probably was the cauliflower giving me gas. I'll try the beano next time (although the GasX worked well after I ate it :)
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cauliflower gives ppl gas! Depending on how much you ate, it could have upset your stomach. Maybe make it thinner? I dont use much cheese in my crust.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************