I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Friday, September 16, 2011

Maple-Chocolate, My new Favorite Flavor....

Hello Everyone,

The weather is still nice over here in Southern California. I have noticed the evenings getting cooler. Pretty soon the time will change and then it gets pitch black by almost 5pm.

Today I made the Kick Ass flavor of coconut bread. I used 2 tbsp of Girhadeli's unsweetened chocolate powder, 12 truvia, some crushed walnuts, 2 tsp of baking powder (I bought a new one and threw out the old one. I read somewhere to do that.), and Maple extract. The Maple together with the chocolate was DIVINE!!

I tried it Dawns way with 5 eggs and 1/2 cup of milk, but I only have unsweetened almond breeze. I also sifted the flour. It rose a bit more in the pan but was very dry. I think the extra eggs (7 total) would have been better. Dawn- what do you think?

But it is now evening time and I just had one after my dinner with unsweetened peanut butter on top and then some Redi-Whip. OOH-OOH-OOH!! This is my new Favorite. Even more than the lemon.

I thought of my Mom when I bought the Maple extract.  She used to love maple-nut fudge, and I was at the fair and passed it and thought of her.

 
When My sis and I went to the fair the other day we got these  Nail Art kits. This is my first attempt. Not bad for shaky hands huh?

Just a quick share for you today.....


So hubby comes home this morning from working at the FD last night. He tells me that he got up around 2-3am starving!! I told him Fine don't listen to me and you will be hungry then!! He says he went into the kitchen at the FD looking for food and found some really good ice cream in the freezer. He puts it on the counter - gets a bowl - takes off the lid - then he says to himself - WWRD?? (What Would Rosy DO)?? I am serious!! I laughed and said you did not!! He said yup - I did and put it back and drank some protein powder instead.

Funny HUH?? He actually reads this....

Thanks for listening as always. Lots of love to you all. And WWRD??

This is PurpleRosy signing off....

My thought for the day:


Personal Responsibility

Seasons Positive QuoteYou must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of. You don’t have charge of the constellations, but you do have charge of whether you read, develop new skills, and take new classes.

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
****************

10 comments:

  1. Oh that hubby! What a cute thing to do! Good for him for passing up the ice cream. I think sometimes wheny ou are sleepy, you make poor decisions when you are hungry or THINK you are hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so sweet of your husband to think about you and put the ice cream back. I am gonna have to try that bread. I just need to wait for pay day to do some shopping. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are really cool:) You are such a girly girl!
    That is so cool that you are inspiring your husband too. We are all lucky to have you to keep us in check, share our goals, offer great advice, and be our friend:)
    I haven't made the bread again yet. I don't have maple flavoring, but I have almond flavoring? Endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that was so sweet & funny for your husband to say that. Your bread does sound delicious. Sounds like it would fit in the FT too. After reading your post I was thinking it funny how food is so tightly linked with our memory & emotions. In the past there's been food I haven't wanted to give up because oh, that's what my grandmother made me. Anyway, i'm rambling...take care.

    Oh, and by the way I have a tremor too. And you know since I've cleaned up my diet, mine seem to not be as bad. I wonder if gluten aggravates it? I'm eating less gluten & processed food. who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny about hubby, thanks for sharing I had a good laugh. I will have to try your new coconut bread. I recently bought a new baking powder and I noticed that things came out better after I did. Your nails look awesome, very sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great flavor of coconut bread! I wonder if it's the eggs or cooking time that makes it come out a bit dry. I found that if I only cooked mine about 30 minutes it was moister. Your nails look awesome. My son's girlfriend uses those nail kits and she has had some really neat ones like newspaper print nails, seahorses, racer checkerboards and stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your nails! Are they the stick on kind? My daughter really wants to try the Sally Hansen stick on nail polish, but I wasn't sure how easy or well it worked. BTW, I'm reading this and eating my lemon cocount bread and thinking how good the maple chocolate coconut sounds. I'd probably leave the walnuts out because I like nuts, just not in my bread. Anyhow, thanks for the laugh about your husband. That's really cool that he finally listened. LOL! Have a great weekend :)
    Carey C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is not the sally hansen, although I used that 1 time and loved it.
    This is a Kamden nail art stamping kit. Comes with disks and you roll - stamp it on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, you are finally getting through to some of us...or at least your husband. WWRD? I have to keep repeating that to myself. If he can turn away ice cream at 2 in the morning, we can all do better! Have a good weekend. Hugs from me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was sure I posted a comment. Weird.. I'm not sure about the bread being dry. Maybe you cooked it too long. I also beat the eggs a lot. Not sure if that would help... It's probably the cooking time. I'm outta coconut flour, having withdrawls... need to go get more.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************