I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Friday, August 5, 2011

Coconut Bread is Yummy!

Hi everyone,

I feel real bad cause during the past week I might have only walked 1/2 the time. I have been doing stuff in the evenings and got home too late. I always feel like I have to do my walks every night to be healthier. The days are just too hot over here. But tonight I will for sure.

Yesterday I ate:
lunch; 1/2 cup of brown rice, mushrooms, zuchinni, turkey and some pesto sauce all in a bowl and a little pork rinds.  S-2/C-1
dinner; Hubby and I were out and arguing about where to eat. He kept saying its up to you. You are the one on a special diet. I said, where do you want to go cause I can find something anywhere. So we wound up at Lucilles BBQ. I had a dish w/2 fried chicken breasts, greens, and broccoli, I had a bit of hubby's creamy cheesy grits and 2 bites of his biscuit. We also each had a glass of Cabernet. I only ate half of my meal.  S-2/C-1

I am gonna take a break right now and attempt to make the coconut bread. I will finish blogging when the bread is done and let you know what I think.....

OK so here it is....
I used a regular sized loaf pan

As you can see the slices come out small, about 2 " tall

I ate a piece with some Natures Hollow sugar free preserves on top. By itself it is very heavy tasting. It is not like bread or like cake. It did not taste like coconut like I thought it would - hense the name...Coconut Bread. I liked it - very different than what I was expecting.

I used this coconut flour that I found at Henry's market - now becoming Sprouts.
http://coconutsecret.com/flour2.html It says refrigerate after, so be aware of that. 
It says 2 tbsp has 1 gm of sugar, 9 gm of carbs, 8 gms of Fiber. 
I measured 9 tbsp in 3/4 cup for the recipe. 
for the whole loaf
4 1/2 gms of sugar 
45 gms of carbs
40 gms of fiber

so if you slice the loaf into 12 slices = 2 slices per serving = 
each serving has: less than 1 sugar, 8 carbs, 7 fiber

I can definitely live with that. Try it ladies. Dawn was right, I didn't understand the sugar thing and the ratio of coconut flour vs: regular flour. I get it now.

I am putting the recipe on the recipes page.

THANK YOU DAWN :-)

By the way, after I mad it and tried a piece, I kept asking hubby if e wants to try it, he kept saying NO I don't want that stuff. Then when he left for work tonight - the night shift at the FD, I noticed 3 slices gone from the plate. LOL!

Thanks for listening as usual. Love to all. Don't forget to check in and join all the other blogs on my list below. We all need to support one another.

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

My thought for the day:

Real Life

Real Life Positive QuoteReal life is not always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgment of what is working in our lives can help us not only survive but surmount our difficulties. 
Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
********************

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipes and menus! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you made the bread! I think it makes a great little substitute for other bready stuff, and it has a great fiber count! I am pretty surprised that you were able to use only 9 T - my recipe shows 15 T for the flour, by weight. Do you weigh the flour at all? If not, you might be using more than you think. Just something to think about. It's still a great bread, even if you are off by a bit. I am going to have to look up that coconut flour, though, because it has a much higher fiber content - maybe the weight/consistency is different, too! You never know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to try it too. The Nature's hollow is on sale again, so I am going to try another flavor. It sounds like it will be yummy on the bread. I love dense thick bread. I asked Dawn and I don't know if she answered...do you think you could make it like a cinnamon swirl bread? You know, add Truvia and cinnamon?
    I'm happy that you had a few bites of biscuit. Being allowed to eat fried chicken is another reason that I have been able to keep this BFC lifestyle going.
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the coconut flour the other day and will try the bread this week! Must get that Nature's hollow jam - it sounds so good! Why can't the stores around here sell anything good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds Delish Rosalie! I want to buy some of the natures hollow jam also. Where is the best place to buy it?? Amazon?? What are the best flavors? Does it make you gassy from malitol?
    Appreciate your feedback girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO the natures hollow preserves does not make me gassy. The only thing that does is the Josephs sugar free syrup. I buy mine from Henry's mkt which is now turning into Sprouts. :-)
    I was thinking about trying it with some unsweetened chocolate powder and extra truvia, but the cinnamon sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosy, This is for Marjie about the Oasis bread.
    I live on the east coast and the bread was sent by truck which took 4 days to reach me. I contacted customer service. They told me to throw it all away and they resent me 6 loaves by air which arrived in 2 days. I also keep it in the freezer.
    I want to get the coconut flour this week too.
    Thanks to you for making and commenting on it
    I hope you don't drop off like Helen and Kasey.
    I miss them still
    Linda from Baltimore

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************