I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Where's The Magic?




Hello Friends,

I know many of you are wondering where's the magic pill or formula to help you lose weight. Please oh Please someone just tell me - TELL ME what I am supposed to do then, the weight will just fall off right??

Dr Oz mentions some magic herb or vitamin that is supposed to help with weight loss and everyone runs right out to buy it.

And now I could't even find chia seeds in Sprouts the other day - all out!

Jorge has been mentioning the Carb Cycling thing for Women that he is coming up with and many of you are holding your breath waiting for him to come up with the magic formula just for us.

Reach down DEEP inside yourself - you already know what to do, don't you??? Why do we need someone to always nudge us in the right direction.

WE CAN Do this Without a Magic Pill!!!

Cut out all that sugar out of your diet!!
Eat HEALTHIER!!
Stop eating so much JUNK!!
Stop cheating on yourself!!
Exercise a bit every day - Take a walk at least!
Find support from others with the same common goal!!

Look none of us are perfect and we DO make mistakes sometimes, but just learn how to forgive yourself for screwing up and for being big in the first place.

Don't be SORRY - Just be Determined!!

I have always had a MAD sweet tooth and that has always been my downfall.

I'm pretty sure he looks like this....except maybe with PURPLE hair...

But I HAVE learned now I can keep him tame and feed him what he wants by still having my HEALTHY sweets everyday and stay on the BFC track. WOO-Woo...

Look everyone - you've all seen my before pictures - If I can do this at my age...

You CAN do this too....Just think of us all here in our little blogging community as you personal
CHEERING SQUAD!

When ever you need help - just ask and we will always be there for you!

Thanks for listening and lots of love for you all...

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

My thought for the day:


Acceptance and Friendship

Acceptance is the universal currency of real friendship. It does not warp or shape or wrench a person to be anything other than what they are.

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*****************

17 comments:

  1. Bless you Rosalie...You're right there is no 'magic'. Thanks for being there for all of us.
    Take Care-

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! Hope all is well with you. Been super busy with work and the kids finishing up the school year! Gotta run and get back to work (lunch break is over....and Yes, it was BFC friendly ;)
    Carey
    PS-Found some great milk chocolate at Trader Joes for the BFC I think it's called Simply Lite and Maria (from the blog) had mentioned it in her book. Have you read her books? I'm in the middle of her book on metabolism and already read the one on mood.....Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of your best posts. Right to the point. I am so happy to have you for support and motivation. Thank you, thank you for continuing to do this. Sending love and hugs. I will blog soon. So nuts around here. I had to put my Riley down on Tuesday. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pattie we are all so sorry about Riley :-(

      Delete
    2. Pattie, I'm so sorry to hear your loss.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much. Such a hard thing to do, but he was suffering....it was time. :(

      Delete
  4. Your support and encouragement has meant the world to me. I've lost 30lbs in 10 weeks! I am loving the BFC! I've got a lot more to go but I am confident I will get there (with your help) thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite posts! You are so right:) What a smart lady you are, and so generous to share that knowledge with the rest of us. I love your pictures!!!
    There was just a recipe on The Chew that Dr.Oz and Daphne made that would fit BFC great! The yummy part was a peach maple sherbet. Thechew.com You didn't need an ice cream maker, just a blender and then freeze it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This isn't the first time Jorge has trotted out a new system. Anyone remember the three-hour diet? I didn't last a week on it because I was so hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( Sorry, Pattie. Hugs to you.

    Great advise, Rosalie. Sticking with the basics is all we need. To simplify things for myself even more, I don't separate out the sugar carbs, from the general carbs. I just count it all under carbs and don't go over the 120g (up to 40g per meal) for the day. Even without separating out the sugar count from the carb count I'm still losing weight. I really think it comes down to keeping our overall carb count as close to 100g-120g as possible.

    Beyond keeping the carbs under control, if someone is still having a hard time losing weight, I recommend increasing calories through fat and protein. I have done this in order to increase my metabolism and it's working. I'm still losing weight, but what I'm eating is much yummier and less limited. As long as the person is watching their carb intake, they can increase their fat and protein calories without gaining weight. If it causes a stall, they just need to decrease their protein and fat calories little by little until they find that sweet spot where they start losing again. This allows a person to eat plenty and be satisfied, which increases the metabolism, helping with the weight loss, and still losing weight through managed carb intake as well. It's a win/win. I'm enjoying eating real bacon instead of turkey bacon, full fat versions of everything instead of low fat, reduced fat, non-fat, etc. I am so much more satisfied now, and my cravings have gone down even more, and, like I said, I'm still losing weight. I thought, per standard weight loss advise, that I needed to keep my calories low in order to lose weight...wrong, that just slowed down my metabolism, making weight loss harder both mentally and physically.

    For those who missed it, here's the article where I learned about doing this (read the comments as well; there's good information in there too):

    http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2012/05/24/carbs-calories-and-cruise-sized-meals/

    ReplyDelete
  8. *like*

    I agree with everyone else - one of your best posts. You are on fire today! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! Could you make a note to repost it, oh say about once a month, incase I forget it :) Thanks for sharing Rosalie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right my dear!!! Thanks! I need reminding. I hit 25#s today!! I have about 50#s more. The exercising is starting too. ;^) And I am in search of more recipes. I discovered this one for the bread...I think this will be my sub for buying bread from now now. I hope. I find that using the muffin top pan, the bread doesn't spread out enough, not even for a burger. So I am using parchment paper instead. http://satisfyingeats.blogspot.com/2012/03/melissas-sandwich-buns.html?showComment=1339108819231#c68430776042746129

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great posts! I agree! Thank you I feel motivated that I am on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could stick with this, it's so easy and maybe that's y I find it tough to stick with because if I don't feel deprived, I don't feel like I'm dieting...sounds strange I know!! You have had such amazing success on this plan and I just need to find a plan and stick with it but I keep going back and forth on difft ones which means no losses. Up and down same 3 lbs and thats it. So frustrating. Congrats on your losses tho, you look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, if only there was a magic pill...

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************