I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Friday, July 15, 2011

A walking and Potter day....

Hello all,

I had a fun day today. Lisa and I took Maria out on a mother and daughters day today. I got up this morning and made breakfast of: I made a quesadilla with a smart and delicious wheat tortilla w/cheese, baby spinach, 2 turkey bacon, and 1 hard boiled egg sliced, Put some berries in a baggie and ate it all in the car on the way to Lisa's.  S-4/C-1

When ever I know ahead of time that I will be out running around I always try to bring along some snacks. I put some almonds and walnuts in a baggie in my purse, I put a small portable (the fold up kind) cooler in my car with some cold water w/blue ice and some string cheese.

I picked up Lisa and Maria at Lisa's apt. in Pasadena and we went to The LA Arboretum in Arcadia, CA.
I posted the pictures on Facebook, but here is a few.




Around 12:30 Maria was tired of walking and we had to use the bathroom and we got hungry, so we walked all the way back up to the front and there was a little place to eat. I saw they had a tuna melt so I asked them to put the tuna and cheese and tomato in romaine lettuce instead of bread. I also ate about 5 of Lisa's fries.  S-1 (?) /C-0

After that we left and went to see Harry Potter. The 3 of us and my other sister have always seen every one of these movies together. But Kattie is in Las Vegas - so sorry sis. The movie started at 2:10pm on a Friday afternoon and every seat was full. It was very good and as usual I ate a bunch of popcorn. and water whick I snuck in my purse. S-0/C-2

The movie theater was in a mall across and down the street from the Arboretum in a mall, so after we went in a few stores. Then I dropped them off at Lisa's Apt, and faired my way home in the Friday evening LA traffic. It only took me 1 hour and 5 min. to get home, not bad for a Friday Evening.

 It was a lot of walking so I didn't walk this evening when I got home. But I did have 2 squares of Ghiradellis  Midnight revere chocolate and some RediWhip for desert.

BTW: Pattie, a pupusa is kind of like a double thick kind of corn tortilla with meat or cheese or beans inside. That's my white girl explanation of it. :-)

That's it for now. Thanks for listening. Lots of love to all that need it.

This is PurpleRosy signing off....

My thought for the day:


Zest and Enthusiasm

Zest and Enthusiasm Positive QuoteIf you have zest and enthusiasm you attract zest and enthusiasm. Life does give back in kind.

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
****************

5 comments:

  1. I forgot to say that I came home and had a spinach salad with turkey and goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day!I may have to wait until next weekend to go see the movie, my family has the stomach flu. I felt horrible yesterday, as well as my husband! He most certainly won't be up for watching the kids while I go out today. Bummer for me.. Oh well. I will try to make up for it today with zest and enthusiasm! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosalie, I've been reading your blog for awhile now while doing BFC in my own way. That means avoiding all grain carbs. That seems to work best for me. Decided I would jump in an post because i have a challenge today and I wanted to make it public. I'm going to my future niece-in-law's bridal shower at a Tea Shop so you know there will be sugary carbs served. I'll do my best to keep the sugar to a minimum. You are such an inspiration for me to keep going even though it has been slow going for me. It's taken me since March to lose the first 10 pounds but they are gone for good. Thanks for posting every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie, I loved every Harry Potter book but believe it or not I have only seen the first movie. It wasn't like I thought it should be so I haven't seen another one. I need to have a marathon and watch them all. It has been so long since I read the books I won't have a negative opinion about the movie.
    I loved your pics on facebook. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pics, it looks like you had a wonderful time with your fam!

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************