I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Owwee my nail.........

Hello to all of my seven listeners,


Do you know the Dee Jay, Rick Dees? He used to say that on the radio over here in Southern California all the time.

OK so last night I couldn't sleep too well at all. My left thumb was throbbing all night long and I kept tossing and turning. I had my nails done last week and I went to a new place cause it was cheaper than the place I usually go.

So this morning I went back to my usual place and told her what happened. I told her to just re-do my jel and pedicure again. When she took the jel off my thumb - it was bad and looked like it was getting an infection. So we decided to not put anything on that nail until it heals.
You can't really tell too much from the pictures - but in person it looks bad, it looks like a big bubble underneath .
I hope it doesn't turn green.


So I guess my point is - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!

I feel guilty getting my nails done - since I don't work right now. I really have never done stuff like this for myself too much. But I thought it was time to start because I lost so much weight and felt I deserved it.

So now I wasted money last thursday, and today on ly 1 week and 2 days later, spent $68 again - that was including a tip. So yeah I feel a bit bad- but I learned a lesson, stick with tHe expensive girl that does a great job - and SPEAKS PERFECT ENGLISH :-)

Friday I ate:
breakfast; quinoa w/a bit of onion, mushrooms, zuchinni, chicken, chicken bullion, and 2 scrambled eggs - and mixed it all up together in a bowl.
lunch; a chicken pesto pizza like on my video.
dinner; buffalo wings, 6 brussel sprouts and broccoli. 2 squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate and white and chocolate RediWhip.

Saturday I ate:
breakfast; 2 toast w/oasis bread, butter, and peanut butter, 2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, 8 blackberries.
lunch; tuna salad w/mayo, feta cheese, bacon bits, mushrooms, zuchinni, and baby spinach. and some veggie straws dipped in a bit of sour cream.
dinner: meatballs w/gravy and some Kimchee (spicy cabbage). 2 squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate and white and chocolate RediWhip.

Just so you know I decided to go ahead with being in Jorge's next book thing. I sent all the info and pictures he asked for so I am waiting for them to let me know what is the next step. I will keep you informed when I hear anything.

I have been feeling kind of Hormonal this past week, getting real angry at little things. You should have heard me a few days ago in the car. I was cussing and screaming like a sailor at no one I guess, since the other cars could not hear me. Boy - being 52 and still getting my period, sometimes I feel like I might lose my mind. Hopefully this too shall pass............

Well that's it for today.

Thanks everyone for listening. Lots of love to all. Please leave your comments and don't forget to read all my friends blogs on the list below.

This is PurpleRosy signing off..................

My thought for the day:


With All Your Heart

With All your Heart Positive QuoteDo your work with all your heart and you will succeed – there’s so little competition. 

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
********************

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your fingernail...get some anit-fungus medicine on it ASAP!! I've had that happen before :-(

    Congrats on being in Jorge's next book ~ I can't wait to "read all about you" you are such an inspiration!!

    Thanks for your blog ~ I love reading it!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch! i had some sort of an infection on my pinky after getting my nails done over 20 yrs ago, deformed it and just now looking normal.

    i wasn't going to buy the bfc ft book but if you're in it, i'm getting it.

    as for the harmones, i do the bioidentical phyto progesterone, i get the cream online. helps with sleep, moods, pms, menopause and peri meno symptoms. goes by diosogin, www.askdrhelen.com. this has helped me so much!

    started weighing myself again and was pleasantly surprised to be at goal. i hadn't weighed in for a couple of yrs. mostly because of all the drama that goes with the fluctuations so if it gets out of hand again i'll stop.

    thanks for all of your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your nail. Just a suggestion, you might want to see your doctor in case you need antibiotics. I've heard about nail infections getting really serious. Yours doesn't look so bad, but wouldn't want it to turn into anything more serious. I remember Paula Abdul when she was on American Idol and had a serious nail infection that I think required hospitalization.

    Next, I have to say, that you really motivate me to continue on the BFC. I really believe in it, but I never followed it very strictly, although I was thinking I did. I guess I was fooling myself, because I'm basically where I started in January 2010. I don't have the crazy cravings and binges since I've been watching my sugar, but I still like a few too many glasses of wine a night, and eat a little too many carbs. My mom lost alot of weight on weight watchers, and I thought that maybe I need to count points as well as sugar and carbs. I know my portions of things like nuts and cheeses are too big, and that's why I don't lose on a steady rate. My motivation is starting to go. Thankfully your blog and a few others keep my going. I hope I can see the success that you have someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, one more thing. I hear you about still getting your period. I'm 51, got my first period when I was 11, do I am quite ready after 40 years to be done with it! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************