I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Sunday, May 10, 2015

There is no AFTER Support...

Hello Friends,

I know my posts are far and few between lately, but I wanted to talk to you about something my Hubby and I were discussing this morning when he took me out to a Mother's Day Breakfast this morning...

In case you don't know, I have been eating this way for almost 5 and 1/2 years now and I have lost over 90 lbs  by eating healthy and have kept it off.

I have met many people online when I started the BFC and along the way. Many of them DID lose weight - maybe not as much as me, but they did...

Now Herein lies the problem.....There is no AFTER the diet support. I have learned so much from Jorge - about all the hidden BAD sugar that is in everything that I thought was good foods before, but that is where it stopped.

I had to figure out all the AFTER the DIET part myself.

I HAVE figured out what works for me and have been able to maintain this weight loss and have not gained any back, but many others were not so lucky.

Nobody knows how to eat around NORMAL eating people. They start listening to too many weight loss people and keep trying too may different things and get mixed up - then eventually just give up!

I have said since the beginning of my journey - THIS IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD!!!

It takes a TON of willpower and strength!! You have to eat HEALTHY for YOU and no one else!!

You man NOT have a CHEAT weekend - or even a cheat DAY or not EVEN a CHEAT MEAL!!!

That will set you back so far - Don't do that!

Don't Deprive yourself!! - Don't go CARB free completely!! Just limit your carbs no eliminate them. You're gonna make yourself Too Hungry and you will wind up shoving a bunch of CRAP in your face!!

From the beginning I DID eat popcorn when we went to the movies on the weekend - I just never use butter and would skip my lunch to make up for the popcorn, then when I get home - maybe just a salad for dinner.

When I am out or at an event or party I will order some kind of healthy meat and veggie and then pick one thing that I REALLY - REALLY like, maybe desert and take 3 bites...That way I get to taste what I loved before without going crazy.

If I am out and everyone else is having burgers, I order mine wrapped in lettuce and then have water (of course) and a few fries dipped in ranch. (no more ketchup).

Or I would order chicken strips and a side salad., At a chinese fast food place I will order veggies and the teriaki chicken without the sauce.

I found tons of healthy recipes to satisfy my sweet tooth (which is a big one - by the way). I make sure to always make some sweet treats on the weekends so I have plenty to eat some each day and get me thru the week.

YES I still weigh myself EACH and EVERY day!! I am kind of obsessed about the scale because - how else will I know if I screw up and eat too much.

Never drink those flavored drinks or flavored waters - I only drink water for most of the day - well except for my morning coffee of course and an occasional glass of red wine at night.

So Stop listening to others! Be Strong! Don't give UP! This is a LIFESTYLE Change - not a DIET!
This is PurpleRosy signing off...

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*****************

3 comments:

  1. Great words of advice. Still love to read your blog posts. I know you are busy and I appreciate your time that you take to do it. I have not gained any weight back, but I have not lost any more either. So frustrating but I remain totally grain and wheat free. For me it is very easy and very manageable and I know I'm one of those that is very carb sensitive. Probably messed myself up with all those years of yoyo dieting and poor eating choices. So I stay the course and keep trying to lose more, but I won't ever go back to the way I used to eat. You still continue to motivate me! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice! You are our after diet support :)

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************