I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Little Q & A...

Hello Friends,

I thought I would post some Q & A that some of my Facebook friends had - so here goes...
Q.    I was on Jorge and lost wt but it leveled off so I went on different diets plus I was doing Curves..I managed to lose close to 25 lbs...of course some of that has been gained back and I lost the muscle tone I went to curves but I'm not going to any gym..I'm not crazy about exercise but I do like to walk..it doesn't make muscles or tone you up like exercise does though.

The few things I wanted to ask you was because you said its been five yrs and you haven't gained back the wt you lost..that's great..I'm sure our way of eating is very different or I wouldn't have gained my wt back..

A.    It takes a tremendous amount of willpower and strength to continue eating this way while everyone else in the world eats different. I keep eating the same way now as I did while I lost the weight - with a few changes... I eat a bit more (healthy foods) now so I can stay the same weight and not keep losing. I am exposed to tons of "regular food" now because I work, but continue to just take a few bites of those types of foods and not eat the whole "BAD" meal.

Q.    Carbs..do you eat any? I love carbs I love bread..I do get the whole grain like rye..ezekiel.. etc.. when I was following Jorge before we were allowed up to 120 g of carbs a day along with the 15 of sugar..and I lost...but now I don't seem to be able to.. I know foods have carbs and since I'm almost a vegetarian I don't eat much meat etc...I do love beans and I know they have carbs but where else do I get my protein from? Nope not going to the tofu. I do eat lots of vegg ..egg whites...eggs on weekends.
Reason I ask about the carbs because I was looking at your recipes and most have some kind of flour ..so I was just wondering..

A.    Through my whole time losing the weight and still now I followed the Original Belly Fat Cure 15s/6c per day... that's no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal 3 times per day. But I did not eat carbs with dinner, only breakfast and lunch.
When I say carbs, I mean Grains, breads, treats, beans... those types - not from veggies and berries.
I DID count EVERY single thing (carbs and sugars) that went in my mouth while I was losing. I just don't count the veggies and berries NOW.
Not all carbs are bad and they are in many foods. I DO eat wheat, just not tons and try to only eat the healthy ones. I have found a couple breads that I buy at Sprouts Mrkt  that are very low in carbs and sugar on (Fav products tab). Beans, brown rice, quinoa, yams, Oats... carbs like these are healthy, you just have to count and measure - usually 1/2 c serving is 1 serving and all you are allowed.
That means - that 1/2 cup of beans is your carb with your meal and I didn't eat any others.

Q.    I also love to eat.. You know the saying eat to live ...live to eat...Well I'm the second one.. I need snacks between meals and there's not really much that's not fattening or sugary.. One of my downfalls I think are sunflower seeds as I don't know what else to have...I know there's cheese but that's cholesterol etc.. I do have one or two servings a day ... egg whites..  just stuff like that..not much fruit  maybe one serving ...

A.    When I started eating like this, I WAS hungry and needed my in-between meal snacks... While I do LOVE nuts, they can be a bit fattening if you don't limit to only 1 serving. That means a small handful.
Here are some snack suggestions:
Of course some of my healthy sweet treats on the recipe page, 1 pc of cheese or a few berries and a few almonds or walnuts, celery with nut butter on top or cream cheese, a couple slices of turkey lunch meat, a hard boiled egg, 1 rice cake with nut butter on top, 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate with some peanut butter or almond butter on top... YUM I love that one.

Q.    I've seen your meals so I have an idea what you eat...not to be insulting but I would still be hungry lol!   So...any ideas how to get this wt loss thing started again? I have to admit doing Jorge was pretty easy... Just had to keep track of the carbs and sugar...   Oh and do you count the carbs in non starchy veg?  I know the starchy ones you would probably have to.

A.    Seriously?? I thought I was starving to death when I started eating this way. It took me 2 WHOLE months of me sitting ROCKING and holding my tummy to get used to it. It took SO much WILLPOWER that I pulled of my my Butt - (I guess). This was NOT EASY...
I don't worry about the carbs in  the Healthy-Low sugar veggies NOW - but counted EVERYTHING while I was losing.

I have found that by eating at home more and NOT eating so many Processed foods and trying to eat some dark green veggies twice a day, I feel more satisfied and better.

Q.    Just wondering what exercise plan has worked for you? How did you start out? I'm just not a "workout" kind of person and am having a very hard time getting motivated.

A.     I have never been a work out person either. The whole time all I've ever done was walk everyday. Start off a couple blocks then go a little more each day and build up to 2 miles each day and walk fast that's all.

Q.     how do I tally the sugar for the day?

A.    You count all the grams of sugar and carbs in everything you eat. Add all the S/C in all your food from your meal and don't go over S/C of 5/2 = 5 grams of sugar and 2 servings of carbs. 1 serving of carbs is 20 grams and under. Hope that helps.

Q.     I notice you put down the fiber content on your recipes. I don't notice this as a tracker in the book. Can you explain this to me?

A.    Eating low carb like this - sometimes we don't get enough fiber in foods and we can't go #2 as well and then we don't lose the weight as fast. Make sure you are getting enough fiber every day - supposed to be 25g.

Remember to ALWAYS count your portions out...NEVER Never eat mindlessly out of a bag or Box...


Have a Great day!!

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
******************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************