I attempted to make 2 batches of these babies. They tasted Awesome but tended to crumble and fall apart very easy.
In the original recipe she uses shortening - which I REFUSE to use any longer so the first batch I tried coconut oil. The crumbled apart very easily.
The second batch I used butter - also tasted very good but crumbled less.
I think I figured out the trick to these. The second batch I used silicone muffin cups - like so... They pop out much easier.
Then like most of the time with using these types of flours, REFRIGERATE them. They hold together great and taste even better cold - to ME anyway.
1/2 c. + 1 Tbsp. Almond Flour
3 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 c. Non-Hydrogenated Shortening (I used coconut oil - or butter)
1/4 c. Xylitol or (Swerve)
2 Large Eggs
1/4 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 c. Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. With coconut oil, grease the bottom and sides of muffin tins.
2. In medium bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In smal bowl, with electric mixer on medium, cream shortening and sweetener until fluffy. About 5 minutes.
**Seriously - I just used my food processor - it was easier.
4. To shortening add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
5. With mixer on low, add half the flour mixture and half the almond milk, mix, then add remaining and mix again.
6. Fold in cranberries.
7. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tins and bake 20-22 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool in pan on then remove muffins from pan and refrigerate.
Makes 9 muffins
C/10 - F/2 - S/.05 each muffin.
You Might Also Like
Hello Friends, I know many of you are wondering where's the magic pill or formula to help you lose weight. Please oh Please som...
ingredients: 1 cup almond flour 1 egg 1 tbsp coconut oil (or butter) stevia to taste 1/4 tsp almond extract directions : Combine...
Hello Everyone, Well yesterday I managed to keep myself real busy to take my mind off the house thing. My breakfast yesterday, oasis to...
Hello Friends, Things are so different for me now than when I started eating healthy. I did not work then and made it much easier for me t...
Hello Friends, Wow I can't believe it has actually been over 3 months since my last post after I lost my Precious PEACHES! I can't...
How to convert Sugar to Stevia
|Sugar||Liquid Stevia||Stevia Extract Powder||Concentrated Stevia|
|1 tsp||2-3 drops||n/a||4-6 drops|
|2 tsp||4-6 drops||n/a||8-12 drops|
|1 Tbsp||6-9 drops||n/a||1/8 tsp|
|1 cup||1 tsp||1/3 to 1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp|
|2 cup||2 tsp||2/3 - 1 tsp||2 Tbsp|