I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

How to tell others...

Good Morning Friends,

I want to welcome any newbies on here. I have a list of other bloggers on the right side so please follow them too and leave comments for them as well. If you need help, friend me on Facebook and make sure to send me a private message.

It has been a bit stressful here the past few days. All of a sudden the bank approved the Short-Sale we have been waiting for over 4 months and wants it to close in like 3 weeks. Not gonna happen so the agent is getting an extension, hopefully. The loan person we were using all of a sudden the past 2 weeks has disappeared. I think she got really ill, but still she should have passed all her files to someone else instead of ignoring the messages and calls.  So now we are using the new company that hubby is working for. A lot of last minute stuff and now I am worried about how much everything will be - payment, etc.

So no sleep for me the past 4 days or so and I am a walking zombie. Very tired.

**Kerry had a very good question on my last post. She wanted to know which grains I DO eat and which ones I avoid and how I tell people about the way I eat and how to not hurt their feelings when doing so.

At first I would tell anyone and everyone that got in my path that I am doing a Low-Carb and Low-Sugar diet. My Hubby would get annoyed at first then (as I started losing the weight) started telling waiters (for instance) for me.

Sometimes I would say " I can't eat the carrots" for example. "I can only have the dark red wine" "Can't drink the sweet stuff."

One time at a neighbors party I remember they brought me over my favorite drink, some Malibu Rum with cranberry juice and lime, and I said "I can't drink that" They said oh its Blah-blah-blah day... I told them, "I have lose 37lbs so far and am not gonna mess that up for you or anyone else" I got mad cause they were trying to force me. LOL

Now look at what that determination got me??

I did not and DO NOT care about other peoples feeling when it comes to what I eat now. Trust me, your close friends and family will try to sabotage you - BIG TIME!! They don't care what you are trying to do and will try to make you eat what they are.

Those are what I call - The FOOD BULLIES...

They will say stuff like;
OH- once in a while won't kill you...
Its a special occasion...
Its so-and so's birthday...
And here's my favorite one...You are skinny now, you can eat what ever you want now...
Blah-BLAH-BLAH

You need to make it clear to them that you are doing this for YOU and YOU only!! NOT THEM... Tell them to leave you alone and to respect YOUR wishes and not get in your face. Tell them it hurts your feelings when they treat you that way. They will get it and back off - if they really love YOU!

As far as the Grains go, which ones I Do eat and Don't eat;

I used to eat everything Jorge suggested in the Belly Fat Cure Book, but not now. FYI, he is not always right.. Shocker - I know.. As I started doing this and losing the weight I found many different things to eat and ideas through blogging and Facebook. Support and finding others that are doing the same as you is REALLY the KEY.

But remember just because someone else says they eat something does not mean it is BFC approved or healthy. Do YOUR OWN homework and learn to look stuff up online and look at labels at the ingredients to make sure you CAN eat it.

I used to eat wheat pasta and brown rice a lot before, but not any more. Pasta has WAY too many carbs and there are other things to eat that contain carbs with much less count. Just eat the meat and veggies (no sugary sauces) and the toppings off a pc of pizza, but be careful it may be real fattening so don't do that too often.

I like the healthy breads I have found (on my fav products page), and remember that you have to count the carbs in everything, that includes veggies, fruit, and when you go out for example if you order chicken strips and a side salad... there are at least 1 carb serving and 1 sugar in that order of 3 strips. And lets not forget the sauce you dip it in. If you pick ranch, expect that to have 1 sugar. I like buffalo sauce - no sugar, but probably more sodium.  So you have to pay attention.

And in that side salad -- will have at least 1 sugar and 1 sugar from the ranch dressing and carbs from the croutons.. SEE? You have to pay attention to EVERYTHING you eat and add it in your head.

There is an app I use on my phone called Calorie counter that was extremely helpful to me. It looks like a yellow scale with footprints on it. You can look up foods and lots of restaurants while you are out.

I NEVER eat carbs with my dinner, only some type of meat and veggies and always try to be done with all my eating by 7pm. If I have a sweet snack for desert, I eat it immediately after dinner and that usually counts as my carb.

For me, I love sweets and always have. I have found tons of great recipes that I have altered to fit into the BFC lifestyle and share them on my recipe tab above. By making sure that I always have a BFC sweet snack in the house, I can eat one every day and not feel deprived and therefore not want to cheat.

I just eat healthy now and love the way I eat. I will NOT let anyone talk me into anything different. When I am out at a party or special occasion, I will pick 1 food that I really love and miss, and for me that is always a sweet desert - I will take 1-3 bites of it and then walk away. I have done this from the very beginning and that way you get to taste it and not feel so different or like you are missing out.

Breakfast to me is the biggest and most important meal of the day.
My breakfast yesterday was 2 alpine valley toast with butter and my homemade chocolate-hazelnut butter, eggs and 2 strawberries cut up and a few blackberries.
 Lunch I made a Almond-crust pizza. This is what the crust looked like after baking but before the toppings went on. http://purplerosy.blogspot.com/p/pizza-recipes.html
I put some of my low sugar pasta sauce, cheese, turkey pepperonis and jalapenos. Got a little burnedy on the edges but still GOOD.
 Dinner we wound up a Hometown Buffet, Hubby was starving. I ate a few different kinds of green veggies and meats, then I ate about 3-4 bites of a brownie...YUCK!! Way too sweet and regretted it -big time.

My breakfast this morning was eggs with mushrooms and spinach and a bit of cheese, 1/2 avocado and 2 strawberries and 6 blackberries, and 2 homemade corn tortillas with chia seeds inside.
Well thanks for listening to me today and have a great day.

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
****************

5 comments:

  1. Those are all really good suggestions! You rock!
    Good luck on the house, I thought you wanted to move right away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post today! And hopefully your house stuff will get all worked out asap. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for answering my questions, it helped me fill in a lot of blanks. It's good to hear specific examples of others standing up for their health, makes me feel like I can do it too. Sometimes I think about how I viewed food a few years ago and I would have thought what I am doing now as, totally weird. Sometimes I tell people that because honestly it kind of is weird in our society. I guess I gotta own that weirdness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - great post Rosalie. Lots of information and reminders, even for those of us that are pretty familiar with the BFC. And you are absolutely right - when you start eating good, people will always want to talk you into having al ittle bite of this or a little bite of that", even though you shouldn't and are trying so hard to stay strong. Great advice!

    Everytime you post photos of your pizzas, I want to go make one right away - ha! I need to stop being lazy and just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post! ....I have been struggling for this year at getting anywhere. I haven't even been reading blogs, that's why you haven't seem me comment :-) It's been a rough time. But I read Kay's post today and decided make this weekend my kick off and start with a first step toward my goals and read and comment on post. I love all the ideas and recipes and someone is always seems to have just the right post that makes me feel like I can make these changes and that others are having the same challenges. Thanks for being so supportive and posting...You're the Best!

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************