I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cream Cheese-Protein Pancakes

Hello My Fellow BFC Friends,

I feel so bad for all the people back east with the hurricane. It's pretty scary watching the news yesterday and seeing all the Damage that Sandy did. On the other hand - you couldn't ask for more perfect weather over here. It's been around 85 and beautiful sunny and we have a nice view of the mountains over here in Rancho Cucamonga.

What I ate yesterday;
 My breakfast was 2 Oasis toast w/butter and peanut butter, eggs, turkey bacon and berries.
 Lunch was a zucchini crust pizza and 2 lemon cookie mini muffins. Now I asked Hubby if he wanted some before I made it and as per usual he said no. But when it was done and he smelled how good it was I had to give him 1/4. LOL

We went to Sams club. They only had 3 boxes of the Pirates Booty left and I got 2 to pass out for Halloween. No candy in this house for me EVER! I want to feel good about passing out something healthy that the kids will love. I passed these out last year and they were all gone and they loved them! They all said: "PIRATES BOOTY!! OMG I LOVE THOSE!!"
 At Sprouts in the vitamin section was still 25% off so I got some more xylitol, stevia and these protein powders. Both are sweetened with stevia, 2 carbs and 1 sugar, 18 protein per scoop. You can get the MRM at Raphs too.

For dinner I ate a spinach salad and chicken and 2 protein bites and rediwhip for desert.

 OK Now for my breakfast this morning;

I saw on Pintrest this pancake recipe One of you has been saying that they are making pancakes with cream cheese and protein powder. And you all know how I love me some pancakes, so I tried it.

Cream Cheese-Protein Pancakes;

  • I used 2 oz of cream cheese and melted for 15 seconds in the microwave.
  • added 1 pkt of stevia
  • 1/2 t of cinnamon
  • 1 t of vanilla
  • 1 scoop of MRM or (any kind sweetened with stevia) vanilla protein powder
  • 2 eggs
Mix - Mix- Mix real well - I used a fork to make sure to get out all the lumps.

I used my spray coconut oil in a small pan and make 1 at a time. The batter will be a bit thin.  Cook on medium heat and flip. Mine made 3 pancakes.

These had a much different texture and taste then regular pancakes that I usually make with the 3 flours, (coconut, almond, and flaxseed) I ate them with my Raspberry Nature's Hollow Syrup. Very Good!

Hubby and I are gonna go run around right now - so I wish you all A GREAT DAY!!

Let us know if you are having any problems by commenting below and we will all do our best to help you.

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

Keep on BFC ' n   :-)
*****************

9 comments:

  1. Oh...I shall try these. But do you think I can do it with jay Robb protein powder? We are sticking with the zero sugar powders...DH didn't like the ones with the sugar. Have you tried the pumpkin protein pancakes???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course use what ever protein powder you have as long as its sweetened with stevia and not sucralose.
      What's in the pumpkin ones?

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't make the topping that is in the recipe. I might even think of using something coconut flour, or almond meal...but I am going to try these this weekend with the rolled oats. http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/healthy-pumpkin-protein-pancakes-with-pumpkin-yogurt-topping/

      Delete
  2. I'm in Canada but still got some of the storm here. I looked out this morning and noticed my neighbour’s tree was down. The wind blew it right over - took up a patio stone with it when it went (crazy). It WAS very windy here last night. My mom made Jorge's ricotta pancakes and I thought they were yummy too. I'm excited to hand out Pirate's Booty this year (thanks for the idea).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was able to get a box of pirates booty like u did over in target! carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the pancakes that I always make! In fact I just made them this morning for me and the boys with some breakfast sausage (no school 'cause of Sandy). I love them and sometimes double the recipe and save it in the fridge for the next morning. Glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pancakes sound good! I made your cheesecake muffin recipe into pumpkin cheesecakes by adding pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and leaving out the cocoa. They were pumpkiny delicious! Thanks Rosalie!

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************