I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Zucchini Crust Pizza...

Hello Friends,

Yesterday me and the 3 furry girls went for a almost 3 mile walk. It was before my dinner about 5:30, I was trying to wait until it cooled off a bit and it was still very humid. I thought I would be fine but half way thru I felt my body get real shaky. My ET's got me bad. I guess the humidity - with no dinner - did it. When I got home I cooled off and ate dinner and then felt better.   YISH!
My dinner from  last night;
1/0
 broccoli and 2 Hebrew National Kosher hot dogs with some mustard.

desert; 1 chocolate protein bite and 1 bean brownie with some rediwhip.
3/1
Breakfast this morning was 2 eggs, onion,  mushrooms, baby spinach, cheese all scrambled together and 1/2 avocado and 1 cheeseckae muffin with Natures Hollow on top.

Lunch today; I wanted to make a cauliflower crust pizza - but alas no cauliflower. I did however have a small zucchini and shredded it in the food processor. Made about almost 1 cup I think, added 1 egg, some cheeses (Parmesan shredded and the grated spaghetti kind, a little shredded cheddar) spices (garlic, italian spices and red pepper) this time I thought I would try something different and added 1 tb of coconut flour - mixed it all together and baked at 350 for 20 min on my silpat.
It came out real good. Then I opened my spaghetti sauce from the fridge and it SHUSHED - not a good sign, so I threw it away and got out the Alfredo sauce, a little bit of mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni and of course Jalapenos. Put it under the broiler at 405 degrees for about 5-10 minutes until it looked awesome!
Viola!!  3/1
I LOVED the flavor. I think more than cauliflower crust - not sure if it was because of the zucchini or the added coconut flour or both - but it was very GOOD! You could pick it up much easier.

**note** if you don't have a silpat - use parchment paper then transfer to foil before putting under the broiler or it might burn or catch on fire. LOL.

I went upstairs today and started packing a few boxes and I was in the spare room and moved this big box out of the closet that was filled with my Mom's dolls and stuff. As many of you know she died over 10 years ago and she loved them and I just can't get rid of them.

So I moved the box and the dolls started talking.  The funny part was - this morning I was watching a very old movie on Fearnet called; Dolly Dearest where this doll got possessed by an evil spirit. Ha - my mom would have got a kick out of that. LOL
This is the doll from the movie - she almost looks like the Exorcist!!
Do-do, Do-do..Do-do, Do-do..Do-do, Do-do..EEK-EEK-EEK!

OK - so remember that just because some foods are 0/0 doesn't mean that you  can Eat-Eat-and Eat them. Measure out your portions.

And always read the back of every label of the foods you buy - cause some brands might have different S/C values.

Make sure to not go over 5/2 per meal.

Make sure that you have saved room for the S/C values in your snacks if you eat snacks. They still count too.

We all have bad days once in a while where we have ate bad foods. Don't dwell on it - We are all human and make mistakes, but feeling guilty about them doesn't help anyone...

This is only my opinion of course, but I know it's summer and we all want to eat fruit. I say to that, Just keep only eating what you know is allowed on the Belly Fat Cure. I only eat Berries. Blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries - not strawberries they have about 1 gram of sugar in each one. I think if I start eating all that other fruit that has a ton of sugar in it again - it might throw my body off. I will have an occasional bite of one if Hubby is having something - but that's it.

Today I am gonna try real hard not to let my ET's kill me on my walk.

Have a great day - This is PurpleRosy signing off...

My thought for today:


I say;

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*****************

6 comments:

  1. You always make everything sound so good! Zucchini crust pizza huh? Well, I have a ton of zucchini coming in right now from my garden, so I may just have to give it a try. If it gets crispier than the cauliflower I would really like that.
    Don't overdo it with your walks when it is so hot!! It's not worth it to pass out from the heat! We were having 100' days last week, but the last few days have been nice and in the low to mid 80's. Maybe wait until your heatwave is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give that crust a try. I found this recipe awhile back and want to try it too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVXDgxM3t4. Don't overdo it in the heat :) I have not been walking in the heat. I'm going to stick with very modest amounts of fruit (I mean - I only eat it once a day and very small amounts) unless I think it's causing a problem. It's not like I'm eating wheat which has a much higher insulin response ... lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great video for the pizza crust - you know I'm definitely gonna try that one. Thanks :-)

      Delete
  3. Good idea to try zucchini for the crust. I long for the day that I can try and experiment with recipes. Right now I just don't have the extra time. So I will take the advice of all my friends when they try something new!! Be careful in the heat. It's been real hot here as well. Sending love and hugs!!
    PS Talking dolls are creepy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh...take it easy Sistahfriend. Since you have the fortitude to walk...(cause I don't)...have you considered going walking in the mornings?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts, I come here twice a day to read and re read em. They are very good and some great recipes that I must try soon.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************