I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Friday, January 20, 2012

Canters yesterday...

Good Morning Friends,

I wanted to talk about something that I had on my mind yesterday.

Do you see my before picture to the right?? As I started losing weight and started comparing pictures, before and after...I began to get somewhat shocked. I knew I was Heavy but Hubby and I both never really realized the way I actually looked, or how other people saw me.

Every time I saw a picture of myself that I looked so fat - which was 99% of them I just deleted them. So when I started seeing them side-by-side, I realized that I was in some kind of fantasy land to think I was just Heavy. I was FAT, but that is such a mean word, I never liked to use that.

So I have a proposition for those of you that don't like to or know how to do your own blog;

I would like to add a page or tab for YOU. A page where we can put some before, during and after pictures with a little info. To encourage others to participate in our little blogging community for support and show everyone that anyone at any age can do this.

If you all think this is a good idea, let me know and what we should call the page.

OK so yesterday - my breakfast;
Then I left the house and picked up Maria (step-mom). Lisa (sister) works nights as a nurse and always sleeps all day so it was just the 2 of us.
We had a great drive and got there around 1pm.
Look how old that sign is. They have been there since 1931. My dad and I went there many, many years ago I remember and he always wanted to go back before he died - but we never got the chance. This was Maria's first time there. She learned to love Jewish food cause of my dad.
Jeeze do you think my collar bones stick out too much now??

Maria's wearing one of my favorite old shirts I gave her. I used to wear this a lot.
Us sitting in the booth. So I had 2 of my very favorite things, Matzo Ball soup (which I used to make and eat all the time but haven't had it for 2 years now) and Chopped liver.
Gotta have Kosher pickles, I had 2
This is a Matzo ball, its kind of spongy like and made out of Matzo meal - (no sugar) and chicken broth. I only ate half and  see those bagel chips in the bowl? I ate 1/2 of 1 slice.
So it came as 1/2 sandwich and realized I was eating it before I took the picture. Rye bread has no sugar and I had 1/2 sandwich, so 1 slice and spread the chopped liver on each half and gave 1/2 of 1 half to Maria and she had corned beef and gave me a bite.


Boy that was good. Then on the way out they had this huge desert counter. Many memories of stuff I ate in Michigan at the Jewish bakeries. Maria bought some cookies (I ate a small one) and a pastry thing for Lisa and we also got her some Matzo ball soup and 1/2 corned beef sandwich to go. I hope she appreciated it.







Some pictures of these GREAT MURALS outside on the wall. Awesome!!
We had a great drive back to Maria's and I stayed for just a few minutes then home for me. I got back after 4 and took the dogs for a walk twice around. Oh yeah and I ate one of those cookies staring at me on the counter.


My dinner;
A big spinach salad w/feta cheese, avocado, bacon bits and cesar dressing and some buffalo wings (again ate them before I remembered to take a pic) and some rediwhip in a bowl and 2 squares of 86% dark chocolate after.

Oh yeah one last thought, I noticed every time Jorge mentions some kind of product on Facebook no matter what it is - all the lemmings just line up. People think for yourselves.... 






Well thanks for listening and lots of love to you all.




This is PurpleRosy signing off...




My thought for the day:



Take Care Of Your Home

Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.








Keep on BFC ' n  :-)





******************

15 comments:

  1. >all the lemmings line up

    Perfectly written! So true! A non-lemming here, I promise.

    I want to THANK YOU for the awesome info about the coconut flour. Life changing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day, and no I don't think your collarbones stick out too much at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so cool! Thanks for sharing.

    I'm with Dawn, I don't think your collar bones stick out too much. I've always thought that collar bones look sexy on a woman. It's just about the only bones that I think does look sexy when it shows. Having a bony body, no! Gorgeous collar bones, yep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in the picture! Such an inspiration! I would love to share my before picture & where I am now, I still have 45 lbs to go but I think it's a great idea you have! Mary B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog Rosalie, you are such an inspiration to all of us! It was very nice speaking with you on Wednesday and I am using the tips you gave me for sure. I love the idea of the before and after pics. Thanks again.

    Oh BTW your collar bone is fine I can't wait for my collar bone to stick out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blog idea with the before, during & after photos. Scary but they do show the truth. I rarely use anything that Jorge has promoted and even if I did, I surely would check a label. I've noticed that so many people on his page don't even understand the concept of 15/6. Oh well, just happy to have you, Amber, and the rest of the blogging community to support and share with :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The collarbones are sexy! I do remember that shirt somewhere in a photo on your blog. I never had matzo ball soup, but I'll try anything. Looks like you had a fun day. Hugs to you from another non lemming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think collar bones are sexy too! I love it when I lose enough for mine to show!
    I would love to know how to do before and after pictures on my blog??? I guess I am computer challenged!
    You are beautiful now and you were beautiful then! You just feel more beautiful to yourself now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great day! I'm glad. No knish?!? ;) You look great. How you look is an expression of all that you have accomplished. You go girl!
    Update: Dawn M: cur/217.6 - goal/150

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi again young lady! Just wanted to tell you I got me some coconut flour today, so I'm looking fwd to your recipes on here. Think I'll try to do that tomorrow. And I got on here also to find your Tuscan Chicken recipe... can't wait to make that bad boy either! :) Had a bad day yesterday as far as this way of eating goes.. got into circumstances where I had no way of counting anything I ate for both lunch and dinner! Just how things turned out but I just tried to be reasonable...altho I know I went over on my numbers. I hope it doesn't mess up the scale results too badly for Monday.

    As for you, your collar bones are fabulous so don't think twice about that and I love your picture idea!
    HUGS, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ROSALIE, that is a great idea about the before and afters! I would love some encouragment and support, as im sure everyone else does!

    OKAY, SO I FOUND THESE TRUFFLES AS COSTCO AND THEY ARE TO DIE FOR! AND ONLY 1.8 GRAMS OF SUGAR PER TRUFFLE, OR 2 GRAMS TO ROUND IT OFF...THEY ARE TO DIE FOR.. I POSTED THEM ON MY BLOG! I LOVE THEM! IF THERES A COSTCO NEAR YOU, AND YOU LOVE CHOCOLATE TRY THESE!
    http://livingwheatfreelowsugarlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go Corinna!!! You are an inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rosalie! I made it through my 100th day on the BFC (almost Fast Track now), and wanted to celebrate by thanking you for talking with me before, and for your blog which I check regularly for inspiration. In particular, I love your "progress" page - I see how things went for you week by week and compare my own progress, and feel inspired. I am down from 231 to 201 on day 100, from a size 22/24 to a size 16. I still have about 70 pounds to go, but I am already reaping benefits in increased confidence, stamina and mobility. Thank you so very much for helping me. You are amazing, and I hope to end up doing just as well over the next year or two.
    Warm regards - A.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************