I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Friday, February 18, 2011

Year 2, Friday wk 4 on the Belly Fat Cure

Good Morning,

I seem to be stuck at that 158-159 lbs for the past month ever since before my dad died.  Don't get me wrong, I love the size I am and the way I look now compared to before the BFC.

When I set a goal for myself of 150lbs, I was trying to remember what size I was a long time ago way before I started to gain weight. I remember being 125lbs in High school. So I thought at age 52 and 5' 7" now, that 150lbs would be just right for me. I am not small boned , kind of medium I guess. I remember getting the big boobs when I turned 16. So those have always been there.

So anyway, I figured it would be a good size for me.

I am one of those that doesn't work out. I really don't have any desire to. I guess I am not motivated enough. I love to walk with my 2 dogs every day and thats all. I know, I know - thats still exercise, but you know what I mean.

Maybe I should have though. Now that I have lost 80lbs I have a few places that would have benefited from exercise. Like my tummy, the lower half below my underwear line. Its hidden but my skin kind of looks like a balloon that has been blown up and the air let out. Just a little bit, which I can live with, but you know how we women are always trying to look better.

Also the upper part of the back of my thighs and butt still is a little tiny bit lumpy, and maybe I am being hard on myself, the muscles are not firm enough I suppose.

So  guess I am saying to you is - if you can handle it - do a few leg lifts and sit-ups or whatever. It might help.

Yesterday I ate:
breakfast; 2 eggs w/cheese, 2 slices of Oasis low carb sprouted flaxseed bread (only 16 carbs and 2 sugar for the 2 slices) w/butter and peach sugar free Josephs preserves, 2 turkey bacon, 8 blackberries, coffee w/clear benefiber, truvia, cinnamon, and powdered cream, and my ususal vitamins and always 2 Reslina every morning.
lunch; I had 1 of those Orawheat multi-grain sandwhich thins w/ a boca burger, pepper jack cheese, mustard, and some veggie straws.
dinner; buffalo chicken wings and a spinach salad w/ feta cheese, bacon bits and creamy balsamic dressing, and 2 squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate after.

Well thanks for listening. Lots of love to all of my BFC friends. Please leave your comments.

My thought for the day:

When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
Let go of unwanted habits and old belief systems that no longer serve you or your purpose here. Climb up to new, higher levels of awareness. It may be a difficult climb, but well worth the view. What is spurring you to climb to new heights? 
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
****************

5 comments:

  1. Rosalie I went through the same thing about 10 lbs from my goal. I had to really think about how I came to that number - I think I just picked out of my head! Then I did check the weight charts and according them I did need to a lose a few more (for whatever that is worth!). You are at the stage that I decided to do Fast Track. I think my body had gotten used to low sugar/carb eating and needed a little shake up to lose at that point. Just be patient with your body, you are in the home stretch now, whatever you decide!I think you look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too Rosalie, I think you look terrific, but I also know about that deflated tummy. Mine is slowly slowly shrinking and now looks like an elephant's wrinkly old knee. I can't have that, I'm old, but I still want to look good naked, lol. So I am exercising, and I feel terrific. I have no idea what kind of exercise would work for you, but I suggest it. Something fun, or something you have always wanted to try. It will help with so many things besides weight loss, better sleep, better mood. Regular exercise really helps with perimenopausal symptoms, at least it helped me. Only a suggestion, you know what is best for you. I loved your quote at the end of this post. Wishing you the very best, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosalie,

    I would love to be part of your "weight loss goal" family. My name is Penny my current weight is 215 and my first goal is 199. Thank you so much for your blog and all the helpful info that you post. With much thanks, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosalie no matter what you decide to do exercise wise I think you look great. I know exercise does make you feel better believe it or not and it can firm our wiggles and jiggles and might help with the extra weight that wants to hold on like glue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rowing is a great all over body workout. My husband got me one for Christmas after a long distance friend of mine e-mailed me before and after pictures of her after a year of rowing. HOLY COW! She looks fabulous and has a six pack abs now. I asked her if she did anything else to get her stomach to look like that and she said it was just the rowing. Aside from her stomach, her entire body is beautifully toned now.

    I'm like you, I don't like doing all kinds of exercise, especially if it means going to the gym, but doing the rowing machine in my own home for 20-30 min. each day I can definitely do! The rowing machine not only tones you but gives you a good cardio work out as well. I'll let you know how my body's doing as the year passes. I'm looking forward to being toned like my friend by the end of the year. I can't wait!

    Like most of you, toning is the icing on the cake that I'm trying to achieve at this point. Honesty, even if I never lose another pound, just getting myself toned at this point would make a huge difference. I'm 5'7" as well, and am technically in my healthy weight range, it's just that I feel better at the lower end of my healthy weight range for my height, but I'm trying to accept being okay with where I'm at if I end up not getting out of the 140s, and I think getting my body toned will help because I won't feel so "loose" and jiggly.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************