I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday of week 27: The Belly Fat Cure

The belly fat cure is the best thing that I have done for myself. Not only am I loosing weight, but I feel physically better too. Don't get me wrong, there are many times when I still feel bad about my size. Like when I am not going down in my weight. Which has been the case the past few days. But I have a feeling it has to do with the stress at home and my - almost time to start my monthly. I'm sure thats it.

Yesterday I put on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in a while. They stuck out from my stomach at least 7 inches. I remember when they were too tight and I couldn't wear them any more. I had to put on a belt to keep them up. My hubby is always laughing at my clothes now a days. They are soo big and baggy.

I know that a lot of people say that this is not a diet but a lifestyle. I say that they are wrong...Any way of eating that is so far from the normal, is a diet. I seriously don't think that I can eat like this forever. My son who is 27, is always saying that I never eat and that's why I am loosing so much weight. I really want to get back to eating fruit when I get to the weight that I want to be, then I will start incorporating it back little by little into my diet.

Well that's all for now. Lots of love to all of my BFC buddies. Please leave your comments.

My thought for the day:
I really appreciate the fact that Jorge is trying to help other people loose weight, But it might not be for everybody. Below is a link that talks about the Belly Fat Cure and not in such a good way. Also weight loss tips.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Any eating plan that has you approve or disapprove a food or an amount of a given food is a "diet." However, once that way of eating becomes second-nature and without significant struggle or sense of deprivation, has become a "lifestyle." Eventually, adding back more fruit IS part of the BFC. Of course, I would like to eat fruit freely (and other foods) while in "weight-loss-mode," but I don't have a significant struggle or sense deprivation about it - and that is the big difference. Hormonal balance brings calmness.

    About the negative BFC review: Who cares! We all know that there is the Conventional Wisdom that the BFC and all the other low-carb approaches are going against. The tide is changing, but it is slow. The bottom line is that not every diet/eating plan is for every person. Yes, the BFC book makes a wild claim about the amounts of weight that a person can lose EVERY week. That is, perhaps, the book's biggest flaw. However, the plan itself is fantastic and many people are having success with it in a way that they never have had on any other diet/eating plan. Anyone who puts on significant weight in the belly area is a strong candidate for a low-carb approach.

    Yes, the BFC allows for some food choices that , perhaps, are not the most “ideal,” but part of the point of the BFC is to make the plan doable and effective while respecting the actual world we live in with its convienences and normal desire for sweets. A person always has a choice to eat in a more pristine way, but a person eating the BFC way is still eating way less processed food than the way they ate before being on the BFC.

    About this particular negative BFC review: Once the author said the following, he lost credibility with me because of his intellectual laziness (and dishonesty?):
    1) "Blackberries and blueberries are the only fruits allowed on this diet" - yeah, he actually read the book!

    But here’s more:
    2) "the U.S. government's own 2005 Dietary Guidelines" - lol! Has the author read the book "Good Calories, Bad Calories"?!
    3) "insulin's role in the body is not quite as simple as Cruise makes it in his book" - insulin plays many roles, but does ANY scientist or doctor dispute the role of carbohydrates being broken down into blood glucose and thereby stimulating insulin release? Does Any scientist or doctor dispute insulin's role in getting blood glucose out of the blood and into either cells for energy or into cells (liver, muscle, and fat cells) for storage!
    4) Any weight loss plan that allows unlimited foods like bacon, steaks, burgers, and sausage...” – the BFC does NOT allow “unlimited” amounts!
    5) “...while eliminating healthy fruits, dairy, and whole foods without exercising” – are you kidding me! Again, did the reviewer even read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Harvey, that the claims of huge weekly weight losses are probably not attainable by most people. But I am very happy doing the BFC...I don't seriously miss anything except fruit. My craving for sweets has gone way down...deserts look good, but I am not the type of person who can just take a taste and stop so I am happier now having any.

    I am losing a lot slower than Rosalie, but I have lost 21 pounds since March and that is more than I've lost in years. My blood pressure is down and I feel a lot better. Jorge helps to keep me motivated and I am grateful for that. We all have to trust our own instincts. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************