I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Friday, April 19, 2013

Sugar Calories??

Hello My Friends,

I first want to say how gorgeous the weather is lately, Clear with pretty blue skies and warm - 80 degrees. The Clear part doesn't happen all the time. It does get smoggy at times here in Southern California.

Every time I turn on the TV the past week, it is nothing but devastating stuff. The bombing in Boston, The explosion is Texas, shootings here and there. All I can say is; if you believe in something - we should all PRAY...

So I am feeling the need to talk about Jorge's Latest-Newest thing. The Sugar Calorie thing... First I just want to say how much I appreciate Jorge for writing the Original Belly Fat Cure book. That is how I lost all my weight. But with that being said.... I don't like any of the other books or diets he has come up with since. Even though I am in one of those books.

And I am so sorry that he does not respond to many of your questions on his Facebook page. But you know what??? We are all here for you. We have a great Boggin community and are will to help you all lose weight and be healthy. I have Blog Lists on the right side bar for you to join and read and get support.

The Sugar Calorie counting thing is not getting any good reviews or comments that I have read. You have to take the carbs in a food that you eat and times it by 4 and that is your sugar calories and you are only allowed 100 per day.

To ME - and I have said this MANY-Many times; You really need to be eating the way you can see yourself eating for the rest of your life. PERIOD - The END...

For Instance; If you are eating the fast track way and consuming NO grain carbs at all, eventually you will be tempted and give in and make BAD food choices and mess everything up you were trying to do in the first place.

Once you start focusing on getting healthy the weight will take care of itself. This WILL take sacrifice. You must be willing to make drastic changes in your diet to lose the weight. No other way around it.

What is Healthy Eating???

Healthy means Low sugar,
No Artificial sweeteners of ANY kind.
No more sweet drinks like juices, soda or wine coolers
Eat healthy fats - like avocado, nut butter, real butter, coconut oil, etc.
No White stuff...white rice-white bread-white pasta-white flour tortillas.
Eat home more, Make your own healthy treats.

What did I miss? Fill in the blank... Healthy eating to me is___________________

My breakfast yesterday morning was toast with my homemade butter and almond butter, 2 strawberries cut up and a few blueberries and turkey bacon. I needed a break from eggs for a few days.
Lunch was some chicken strips and fried zucchini dipped in ranch and hot sauce for the chicken Hubby brought home. Can't do this all the time cause its fried - but once in a while is OK.

I was having a bad day.Very moody and hormonal. Arguing about the house crap. Please let it be over soon! Me and the Furry girls had a nice walk and I came back home and just had a spinach salad for dinner with some goat cheese and bacon bits and 1 g of sugar dressing. And YES I ate desert even though I said I was going to try NOT to.  I really tried but those last 2 cookies in the fridge were calling my name and they said I need some Rediwhip to dip with.... Really they said that!!

Thanks for listening to me today and have a great day.

My thought for the day:
This is PurpleRosy signing off...

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
******************

7 comments:

  1. I'm Still Confused About His Sugar Counting. I Want To Read It, I Understood It To Be That It Just Reduced The Carbs InTake. With That Said, DH And I Are Doing WEll On The Original BFC And Will STick With It.

    So...WhAt Are Your THoughts On Proteins Drinks. I So Much Prefer A Jay Robb Drink As A No Brainer...And I Hate Eggs. I Need BreaKfast Options Sans Eggs. This Week I've Had A Jay Robb DrInk Three Days And My Weight Is Up. Arggh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me I prefer to start my day by eating a good healthy breakfast and not a shake. Shakes are good as a snack in the afternoon. that's me.

      Delete
  2. I have a lot of thoughts about this new sugar calorie thing..but I have been trying really hard lately to keep my opinions to myself ;)

    Long term is the key and I can easily incorporate the original BFC into my everyday life- and a lot of thanks are due to you Rosalie for your daily encouragement and recipe's that I would never think of on my own.

    There is no way I am going to be walking around with a calculator multiplying my food, etc...

    I will stick with what I already know and has been successful for me. Keep doing what you're doing Rosalie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically he is just repackaging Atkins. Trying to keep you at 25 carb grams a day, unless you are a certain age, or have hormone issues, then you can have up to 125 carb grams...which is basically the BFC! lol! He should just stick with BFC/FT(which is primal/paleo) and stop trying to think of ways to confuse people and make more money!!
    Thanks for all you do Rosalie! You are awesome!! <3
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make toast with toppings look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's just another approach - whatever works for each person could be different - IDK. :) Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think as science changes, Jorge changes. I still think the one we can do the "rest of our lives" is the answer. I think that it is just weird that he throws out things on his page and then never answers anyone? I thought he had assistants or something? I am so grateful that I tried the BFC! You are a rock star and I hope you sleep soon1
    !

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************