I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's OK to be Different...

Hello Friends,

Today I would like to talk about our Families and Spouses.  Whether its a hubby like mine or a wifey. I have read so many comments from others trying to eat healthy of they don't know how they will get their spouse or kids to eat the same way.

Its been such a struggle for me to get him to eat sugar free and healthy like me. Actually at times it really hurts my feelings (like today) that most of the time he won't even taste my stuff. He just plain refuses. At least 80% of the stuff I make, he won't taste or touch. So most of my goodies, nut butters, pizzas, muffins and whatever I make I have to eat all by myself.

So that's why you see me eat toast with my homemade nut butters a bunch of times in a row. I have to eat it till its all gone then I make a different flavor. I make sweet treats and put some in the freezer and take them out 2 at a time.

I refuse to buy the sugar laden or processed foods anymore, so he has to get it himself if he wants it. I will not let him talk me into eating anything I know I shouldn't. Trust me - sometimes its hard for him to understand - but he just says OK.

My point to you is that no matter how others in your household are eating, you don't have to eat with them. I make hubby fend for himself a lot. Mostly because of his weird hours. Him being a Fireman he has a much different eating schedule then me. I always try to eat my dinner and be done by 7pm, but for him he wants to eat at 9pm sometimes.

Eating Healthy can sometimes be a lonely way of eating when you are the only one in the room doing it - but I am used to it by doing it for almost 3 & 1/2 years now. We can't force them to eat the same way as us. My taste buds are much different now than his or that of 3 & 1/2 years ago.

My point is:
It's OK to Be Different...
We can't always get them over to our side, but that doesn't mean we have to join them or that we love them any less because they won't be like us...

A couple of quick things;
I found this Buffalo Pizza sauce at Target yesterday. It tastes so Buffalo-ey good and only has 1g of sugar in 1/4c but high in sodium so not for every day.
 So I made a zucchini-meat pizza for lunch yesterday and used that new sauce.
I made it just like my zucchini crust pizza but added in a can of chicken in the crust. then topped it with the buffalo sauce, tiny bit of mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni. YUM.

I made some Coconut butter yesterday and mixed it with some cinnamon and vanilla stevia and put it on one of  my toast this morning. So Good...

Be Strong Everyone and know that WE CAN do this!!

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*****************

2 comments:

  1. I have the same battle with my life. but like you I learn to eat healthy anyway. I really appreciate your blog getting courages me everyday to eat right. thanks for all the work Rodney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Rosalie... phooey on the saying "if you can't beat them, join them". No thanks! They can join me. For example, last night my parents took us to a buffet and my husband, sister, and myself are all eating well and stuck to the fish, chicken and veggies. Everyone else ate whatever they wanted (HUGE plates of food) along with desserts. It didn't sway us. They can eat the way they want - that's fine with me - I'll stick to eating the way that makes me feel GREAT!

    That dog and cat picture cracked me up! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************