I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Saturday, January 26, 2013

3 Years Healthy...and 10 TIPS...

Hello Friends,

So Yesterday was the 3 year mark since I started eating this way and 2 years of keeping my weight off. I can't believe the way I used to eat compared to how I eat now.

When I started the BFC 3 years ago I thought I could never eat this way forever, but slowly as I started losing all that weight my mind changed for sure. Now I LOVE eating healthy and definitely know the difference.

You have to have a certain mindset to change your life so drastically. Somehow - Someway I was able to do that and achieve my goals and stay this way. What ever way you are eating right now to try to lose the weight, it MUST be the way you feel you can handle eating FOREVER!!! If you are doing some drastic weight loss thing, then go back to your regular way of eating, the way you did before - you will surely gain it all back!!
Keep that in mind please...

This morning I found a Health website and it had some great weight loss tips that I would like to share with you;

10 Tips to Speed up Your Weight Loss...

  1. Be accountable, use the scale and weigh yourself (at the same time) at least once a week but no more than twice a day.
  2. Do some form of exercise daily. Whatever you feel is best for you.
  3. Get support from family and friends. Try to get the family eating the same way as you.
  4. Fight Cravings. Get the bad food out of the house. Try drinking water, tea or coffee when those cravings arise.
  5. Eat regular meals and DON'T  skip them.
  6. Don't emotional/stress binge eat. Call a friend to try to take your mind off of it.
  7. Find a buddy to team up with to motivate each other. Join our blogs to get tips and advice.
  8. Avoid fad diets when that look for quick ways to lose weight. Any diet that promises immediate results with little to no effort should raise a red flag.
  9. Set Parameters and rules for yourself like no eating after dinner and no eating after 7pm.
  10. Watch your beverages, alcohol, sodas, juice, even lemonade can have way too much sugar. Try water, tea or coffee with stevia.
What I ate yesterday;
Breakfast, 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, berries and Oasis toast.
 We were out running around most of the day. First a visit to the new tax guy all the way in Santa Ana at 10am. I hope he can help us in time by the 31st of this month, then lunch we stopped at Flame Broiler. I had brown rice, chicken with no sauce, and veggies and they took out the carrots for me. Very healthy and good but I actually only ate about 1/3 of that bowl.
 So then since we were so close to the South Coast Plaza (sorry Carey I didn't call you) we went over there to Hubby's favorite place - The Microsoft store. By the time we got home it was 4:30 and hubby had to leave immediately to go to work. I felt so bad for him, but it WAS HIS idea after all.

I got home and took the furry girls for a walk in the misty weather. I put on a scarf and hoodie and we got a bit wet but I felt bad that they were alone all day. Its funny but I worry about them when they are alone all day like that, even though we have a doggie door. IDK - worry wart I guess.

My dinner was the other cauliflower crust I made the other day that was in the fridge. I put some hummus on it and cut up some left over chicken. Very Good.
Then as I was trying to eat it and then suddenly the power went off around 6:45ish. It was raining at that time pretty hard. I lit the gas fireplace so I could see then went about finding some candles to light. The power kept going on an d off about 5 times and finally came back on before 9pm.

I had a lovely chat with my good friend KAY - Love ya girl...

Tried to go to sleep after midnight sometime (hubby still working nights), but I don't think I have slept in over a week. Too much on my mind I guess. I hope it subsides soon or I will start looking like a zombie from that new movie that is coming out with that guy who is a zombie lost in a airport. LOL

Thanks for listening and have a great weekend.

This is PurpleRosy signing off...

My thought for today:

Please remember that we are all different and let people choose their own paths with being pressured or talked into anything.

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*****************

9 comments:

  1. Not sleeping will take a tole on your adrenals and it's not good. Can you try going to sleep earlier? Best to go between 10 and 11. I'm still working on that one too ... so hard for me for some reason. Agree, doing something "just to lose the weight" will mean when you go back to eating those things that got you here it will all come back (and then some).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always worry when my dogs are home by themselves all day too. I feel like they are bored and lonely when I'm not here, and then when I am home they are laying around sleeping half the time anyway, lol! Those were good tips that you listed. I'm still working on that exercise daily one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to watch a show and knit for awhile before I could go to sleep last night! You being my sister from another mother, makes me laugh!
    Those are really good pieces of advice.
    Is the microsoft store like the apple store?
    I hope you get some sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries on not calling me....you were having some much needed hubby time :) Weird that the power was going on and off....We didn't have that down here, but this rain is killing me! I think it's putting me in a depressed state and my kids are bouncing off the walls! I hope you get some sleep soon. I know you said valerian doesn't work for you, but I've been experimenting with different doses. Seems that the 3 capsules recommended on the label just didn't cut it for me so I take 4 now and have finally gotten some sleep....otherwise I take 3 and 1 5-HTP 100mg and sleep great.....until I don't again....I hope I'm not jinxing it :) BTW, do you notice that it's always the women with insomnia....it so has to be hormones......hormones suck :)
    Have a great Sunday!
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saying hi. We need you to keep all of us bloggers in line. Too much tension. I come to the blogs for love and support. Wow, so much going on these days. I'm out of the loop but trying to catch up. I get b with alitle help from my friends!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 years WOOT WOOT, that is fantastic! I fell off the wagon before Christmas and it is so hard to get back on track. But today is Back On Track Day! # 1..
    I love following your blog..
    Thanks & Congrats on your 3 year anniversary.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I KNOW I commented on this page - what the? I remember typing something about the great list ... and great job on the two year maintenance - that's AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOO! Please don't stop blogging! I need you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! That is really something to be proud of! Thank you for all your tips and recipes. I look forward to reading your posts - they are very motivating.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************