I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Carb Chopper, Wheat tortillas....

HI Gals,

The other day I went into Wal-Mart to get some things and they were out of the Smart and Delicious wheat tortillas that I always get there. On the way home I stopped at Albertson's to get some clemmy's. On their website there is a $1 off coupon and I printed 2 and they were on sale for 2 for $5, so I only paid $3 for the 2. Awesome deal huh? Still can't find the Clemmy O's yet, but I will not give up.

OK so to my point about the tortillas. I looked in Albertson's and they did not have them either. But I did buy these Santa Fe Tortilla Co.  - Carb Chopper Wheat Tortillas.

I used to eat these in the beginning until I found the Smart and Delicious and switched because Smart and delicious has more fiber.

These Carb Chopper's have only:
carbs: 13 g
fiber: 7 g
sugar: o g
calories: 100
protein: 8 g

I actually like the way these taste better and you might also. Give them a try...

Today I ate:
breakfast; carb chopper tortilla w/cheese, 2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, coffee, blah, blah, blah.  S-0/ C-1

lunch; I ran out of the Oasis bread so...  I made a pizza w/carb chopper tortilla, cheese, turkey pepperoni baked in the toaster oven and folded in half, I also had 1 chocolate coconut muffin cut in half w/sugar free peanut butter on top. I have to say that was VERY GOOD that way!!  S-1/C-1

snack; 2 celery w/just a bit of Joseph's sugar free peanut butter on top. 0/0

dinner - didn't eat yet. Hubby and I are gonna go run some errands and we will probably stop somewhere.

Tomorrow I plan on making the coconut bread with some cinnamon and extra truvia. I am sure it will be just as good and the regular and chocolate. I am really liking this new snack cause it is very low in carbs and sugar.

and Susan, yes when I say carbs, I just mean the grain carbs. Let me know how it goes by cutting out the evening carbs. It really helped me to lose better.

to the NEW Linda, Welcome to our little BFC blog community. Let us know how we all can help you.

Well that's it for now. As always - thanks for listening to me BLAB. Lots of love to you all. And don't forget to visit my friends blogs on the list below.

This is PurpleRosy signing off....

My thought for the day:


Enjoy the View

A friend is one who sees through you and still enjoys the view. 

Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*******************

7 comments:

  1. Hey Rosalie, thanks for reminding us to check your blogs below - I lost track of someone and found them again today. ;)

    I am glad you like the bread - it's such a nice low carb treat. I need to make some chocolate flavor for peanut butter. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done so much better with my fiber since I found the high fiber tortilla. Finally:) We have Albertson's and I never thought to look there for Clemmy's? I will have to check tomorrow.
    I am definitely buying coconut flour this weekend. I am really excited to hear how your cinnamon bread turns out. I'm sure that you know that brown sugar is just molasses and sugar. I wonder if you combined molasses with the stevia if you could get some brown sugar. I think I saw that you missed having it on another blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to look for those carb chopper tortillas. Doubftul I'll find them here in PA. You west coast folks are so much more progressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll make an Albertsons run today! LOL! I must've forgotten that truvia has a few carbs in it and wasn't counting it. I need to get better about counting EVERYTHING! It's the little things that sneak up and add up like popping in some gum (I do that a lot) and dropping some truvia in your tea! Anyhow, I am starting to record everything!!!!! I'm typing this while eating my Oasis toast, turkey bacon and eggs! Thanks for your blog! I follow all of your blogs (above) and want to thank all of you for keeping me on track! :) Happy BFC'n! :)
    Carey Callander

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used a high fiber tortilla today in an egg and bacon burrito. That was a much easier, and more filling way to get my fiber than the cheerios I had been eating. I'm trying to take your advice about a more hearty breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just an FYI - these are the same tortillas that I get at Costco on the east coast. the packaging says Homestyle Whole Grain Tortillas by the Santa Fe Tortilla Company. I wish I could find Clemmy's over here :(

    Beechy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rosalie! I've had a stressful few days but I am planning to get back on track tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************