I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday of Week 42: The Belly Fat Cure

Good Morning all,

I want to thank all of my friends for all the love and support. You see - this is why I always say to blog. You all snapped me back into reality.

First of all, yup, I have said that if I stay this way it will be OK. So I have to remind myself of that. I look at myself in the mirror and say "Wow - you did that and you look great!" I guess I had my heart set on getting down to 150lbs. But if that does not happen, I'm good.

Second of all, I have come to the conclusion that it really must be my hormones effecting me. Yesterday I was crying half the day and then I got kind of angry. So I went on my walk with the 2 dogs. They were making me mad because they think its just pee and poop time when we walk. I don't know how to get them to stop that. Then I wind up walking with a poop bag all the way through my walk.

So I went around once with them then went 2 more times by myself. I realized it was just my hormones making me act stupid and the walking made me feel better.

Yesterday I ate:
breakfast;
I had a pita pizza made with a SaraLee wheat pita, seeds of change pasta sauce, cheese, hormell turkey pepperoni, 6 blackberries, coffee and all the usual.
lunch;
I made some tuna w/ mayo, 1 hard boiled egg, put on top of 2 slices of Rye bread w/ avocado slices and cheese on top and melted.
snack;
super seed with water
dinner;
stir fry veggies w/ celery, mushrooms, yellow onion, 1/2 zuchinni, baby bok choy, tofu, shiritaki noodles, braggs a touch of sesame oil, and some curry powder.
then I had some white and chocolate RediWhip mixed together in a bowl for dessert.

I saw on Minichicks blog yesterday (on the list below) that she found a blog that the girl cooks a lot of recipes w/stevia and stuff like that. A lot of awesome stuff on there. I put it on the list of blogs below. (Healthy Indulgences)

You know when we are feeling down, or having a bad day, its so great to find all those nice comments by all of our friends to make us feel better.

So support each other - It Really Matters!

Thanks for listening. Love to all of my BFC friends. Please leave your comments.

My thought of the day:

Purpose of Life

Give Positive QuoteThe purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be  useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. 
Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
*****************

8 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better Rosalie. Sometimes our hormones get the best of us, no matter what we do. I can go from happy to depressed with a click of a switch during the certain time of month.

    Your blog is so encouraging and I appreciate it. The Healthy Indulgences blog is awesome, I just added it myself and love cheese cake so I will be trying out this recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosalie,

    Glad you're feeling better. Thanks for helping to pass that blog along. I think it will be helpful to many people. Today, I'm making the Key Lime Pie. My crust is cooling as I type.

    "The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."

    And the result of this is happiness.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's whats so great about walking Rosalie. It get's our colon moving and it even works on dogs. I like you, get up our hill and I'm already I'm carrying a baggie full of poop, and have to carry it all around the neighborhood until we get home... at least we're responsible pet owners! Just think, when you get to be my age, you won't have too many hormones left to deal with, haha! I never cry much, but I get a little pissy sometimes! Have a better week. I hate the roads in S.D. Everyone drives so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad today is a better day!! It must have been all those hugs yesterday (o: Weigh in today was 166.7 lbs. down 1.1 lbs. Yeah!!! It's really only making up for the .7 gain last week, so it's really not that much. Oh well, it's something....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosalie I feel so privileged to be able to have you share your emotions and feelings. I have a few thoughts on your blog yesterday and would love to ad some advice if ok. first off, your scale is just a number, and where you are is totally awesome. You should never view the scale as your holy bible. It is ONLY a number. One of many in your healthy view. Second, anytime dogs get exercise, they have to excrete bodily functions. It is their thing. Guess it is good to get things moving. It works for us too, but thank the good lord that we don't have to go quite that quick : )
    The hormone thing is definately a funny glitch that God created. I have found a lot of information on women to women website. It is worth checking out. I know that without their vitamins I am a wreck. I cry, I am evil to be around and it seems to smooth everything out. It is womentowomen.com I think. Don't ever think for one second that you don't have friends, because we are your friends and we are always there for you. You can't touch us but you can sure get in touch with us. Anytime, always. I have found that a few quality friends are much better than a lot of so so friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosalie, Glad you are feeling better today. I think we all get a little out of sorts every now and then. But that is how god made us. Our dogs are both the same...walk and pee and poop the whole entire way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my dear friend!
    Oh yes....the beloved hormones are striking you too? Dont feel bad, we all have those days and thankfully, they usually pass & we wake up feeling better the next morning. I loved Mary's comment about the number on the scale just being a NUMBER. Why do we equate so much with that darned number? It does not define who we are or where we are going. It is just a number. I know myself that I lay an awful lot of emphasis on what the scale says & in the past it has determined if I was happy or sad. I am working very hard to change that mindset and I hope that we can all realize what beautiful people we are, regarless of what the number says. I feel since I have joined our blogger buddies that I have found some of the kindest, most wonderful friends. I look forward to turning my computer on and hearing what each of you have to say and I love yours and their feedback. I know that I am down this week. I can tell. I can feel it, and I havent felt this good in a long time. I dont care how long it takes...I didnt get to this weight overnight and I must just continue to do my best and when I "cheat" & overeat sugar (which I have not done, proud to say:) I am only cheating myself of a healthy life.
    Be proud my friend!! You have done BIG things this year!! I know we have only been frineds a few weeks, but I feel I have known you a lifetime....and I am blessed to call you my friend! Thank you for being wonderful Rosalie!!! Sending you ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************