I've lost over 90 lbs by doing the (Original) Belly Fat Cure and eating Healthy.
Now I continue to write this blog for you to offer Support, Weight loss tips, and Healthy Recipes.

I'm Not Dieting - I've Changed My Lifestyle

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sharing an email.....

Good Morning to all of MY BFC friends,

I got an email this morning that I am going to share with all of you. It was just too good and too much information not to share with our little group. I'm sure that we all can relate.

**************************


Hello Rosalie,
I just wanted to let you know how very special I think you are and how very much I look forward to reading your daily blog. I also appreciate all of your ideas for following the BFC.
You should be so incredibly proud of yourself. I know I'm proud and excited for you. You look absolutely beautiful.
To give you a little background on myself; I am 54 years old. I have had a weight problem since I was about seven years old. I need to lose a minimum of about 50 pounds but would be thrilled to lose 60 to 65. I'm only 5 ft. 3 inches tall.
I'm married and have two beautiful children also. A son and a daughter. I lost my Dad almost a year ago. My Mom has been gone since 1995.
I am trying to follow the BFC but haven't had as much luck as you. I guess I shouldn't say "luck." What you've accomplished has been done through hard work, sheer determination and tons of willpower. I certainly envy you.
Could you share any ideas with me, when it comes to finding that kind of willpower? I absolutely hate how I look. I feel like I'm living in somebody else's body. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
When you talk about going for walks with your "two best friends," I can totally relate. I have three dogs, a Boston Terrier, a Jack Russell and a Frenchton (her Mom is a Boston Terrier and her Daddy is a French Bulldog.)
I walk for 70 to 90 minutes a day. I've been doing this for years.
You mentioned in a recent blog that your Dr. suspects that you might have essential tremors. I've been dealing with this same issue for almost seven years. I have to exercise at about 6:30 in the morning to avoid the sun and heat. The hotter I get, the worse my tremors become. By the way, I live in North Carolina just outside of Asheville.
You mentioned that you're from Michigan originally. I'm from Illinois myself.
We live in the Smoky mountains, so the climate here is much nicer than Illinois.
Thanks so much for all that you do, Rosalie. Like I mentioned, I look forward to reading your daily blog, I love all of your videos and I appreciate you SO much. I doubt you'll ever know all the good that you've done for so many.
I hope you don't mind my emailing you. I have no idea how to talk to you through your blog. You posted your email address when you mentioned being in Jorge's new book.
Again, thanks SO much Rosalie. I hope to hear back from you.
With Love and Big Hugs,
Linda

***********************

This is my Response:

Hi Linda,

I don't mind at all that you emailed me. I have many people that do that. I love to help anyone I can as you already know.

We do have a lot in common. My dad passed in January and my mom has been gone for 9 years. 

I really just pulled all this out of my butt I think. I used to eat what ever I wanted and got real big over the many years. 

When I started I just kept telling myself - You are not allowed that. You have been bad - you can't have that. Kind of like I was punishing myself. I know that sounds funny - but that's what I did in my head.

I knew that I could not cheat or veer from the path I had chosen for myself. It does take quite a while to develop a habit. You must stay away from anything that is Belly Bad for at least 2 months. You will be tempted and it's best to just stay away until you can look at it without wanting to run over and eat it.

Don't get me wrong, I still think after all this time, that I miss certain stuff. I say - Boy I remember (blah, blah, blah). I quickly come to my senses and realize that to look the way I do now as opposed to the way I did before - I must eat the way I do now. I cannot go back to my old ways, EVER!!

OK - so the best tips I can give you is to not let those food bullies have their way. Don't let others talk you into eating anything bad just because they are. They are like the Devil and will try to lure you to the dark side. DONOT OBEY! Make it clear to them that This is what you want and to respect you and leave you alone!!

Do Like I do at functions or get-togethers, and just have 1-3 bites of 1 thing that you absolutely want. And then you MUST STOP!! That way you will get to taste it.

Watch out for the artificial sweeteners in many foods and DON"T have any sweet drinks that are Belly Bad.

I do think that you are walking entirely too much. It's all about the quality not the quantity. Just walk any where from 1-3 miles and 30-60 minutes at a fast pace that is comfortable to you. If you do too much you will get burned out and tired and then you might stop.

I am kind of glad to hear that someone else has the Tremor thing too. Not GLAD - but to know that it's not just in my head and I am not alone - Thanks for sharing that.

To comment on my blog just click under the post where it says comment and either log into your google email or you can do it anonymous and leave your name underneath.

I hope you don't mind I am going to share this on my blog today.

I love you picture - And know that YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Rosalie Haggins

Thanks for listening and lots of love to all.

This is PurpleRosy signing off.............

My thought for the day:

Improve Yourself

by LUCY on OCTOBER 24, 2008
Improve YourselfThere’s  only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self. 
Keep on BFC ' n  :-)
****************

8 comments:

  1. Pat yourself on the back Rosie:) You are an inspiration to so many of us! My one extra piece of advice is for her to figure out the things that she loves and doesn't want to be deprived of and figure out how to keep them in her program. That's what has worked for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosalie, that email is so wonderful and so true. I really admire all the time you take to keep in touch with everyone, and all the advice and help you so willingly give to everyone. You never ask for anything in return except that we stick together and support each other. I am so glad I found your blog and the support of you and others like Amber, Kay, Katie, Mayra and even Helen (although she doesn't want to be a part of us anymore!)I really learn so much from my blogger friends. To Linda, I say that you can do this because you are taking the first steps and looking for help. I really believe that is why some programs like weight watchers (worked for my mom, but not for me) are so successful.It's more the group support and having people to turn to that makes it work. I think Rosalie worked hard to make it work for her and generously wants to share how she did it with people like you and me. Bless her for that. So we'll all stick together and keep at it, support each other and encourage and help each other 'till we all reach our goals and beyond. Wishing all the best for everyone trying to win at weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosalie, that email really sums it up. Your an inspiration for so many, I too, look forward to reading your daily blog. I find it gives me a daily boost! I want to lose 40lbs & I really find help & focus in reading your blogs. Thanks for being there for so many of us! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rosalie,
    wow I just finished reading your blog today. You do so much for us other people trying to make BFC work for us. Thank you for every day. This is my third day without sugar so I am getting back to feeling so much better already.
    Because I am still having problems with certain kind of exercise I decided to order myself a great exercise bike that I will be able to us from day one and days after that.Its called the Schwinn Air-Dyne and my BIL has one and has not missed a day in 12 weeks and he had similar problems with his knees and back so I am so positive that this will be a good place to start for me and give me help that I can turn my life around with doing this exercise bike and BFC.Right now I feel so desperate and am so thankful for your blog. Thank you so much for what you do.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great big thanks once again to Rosalie. Thank you Kay and Pattie for the encouraging words. It's one day at a time and for me, sometimes it's one hour at a time. We CAN do this. I just need to keep reminding myself of this.
    Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blog today. It's really cool to see everyone band together to support one another. We can be victorious in this battle against the dark side. And thanks Patti..it's really neat to be a part of something so special. To those who post anonymous. Thank you for taking the first step. Tell us how you are doing. I truly want to know. It encourages me, on a daily basis,

    Thanks as always Rosalie. It's nice to have a friend who totally get's it. Really refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Get widget

You Might Also Like

How to convert Sugar to Stevia


SugarLiquid SteviaStevia Extract PowderConcentrated Stevia
Clear Liquid
1 tsp2-3 dropsn/a4-6 drops
2 tsp4-6 dropsn/a8-12 drops
1 Tbsp6-9 dropsn/a1/8 tsp
1 cup1 tsp1/3 to 1/2 tsp1 Tbsp
2 cup2 tsp2/3 - 1 tsp2 Tbsp

Stevia Chart

Stevia Chart

Some tips if you are having trouble

  • First make sure that you are staying under the 15/6. 15 sugars and 6 servings of carbs for the whole day. Thats no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal.
  • Track all of your sugar/carbs. Add everything from your meal together and count them that way.
  • Try to stop eating whole grain carbs after 3pm.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water.
  • Count everything that you put into your mouth. Even sauces - everything , check labels.
  • Make sure that you don't eat any artificial sugars. Check labels, if it says sugar free - look in the ingredients, look for....sucralose, aspartame, saccharine in the ingredients. Those are BAD!
  • Going #2 is a big problem when a lot of people start the BFC. I have solved that problem with Clear Benefiber in my morning coffee and a scoop of Super Seed w/water in the afternoon. (you can buy the super seed on Amazon.com it is the cheapest).
  • Choose your carbs wisely. Try to pick the carbs that will give you the lowest count of carbs, sugar and calories and the most fiber.

I hope this helps.

*******************